Anyone cheated on 2 wk liquid diet?

bananajana5
on 3/2/06 10:51 pm - Jackson, TN
Just wondered if anyone has ever cheated on the w 2 week liquid protein pre op diet?? I am dying here!!! Craving mexican food!!! I have done good since Monday....help!!!
lele2
on 3/2/06 11:11 pm - Troutman, NC
There has been several moments that I have almost gave in, but then I realized Ive come this far and I don't want to blow it. Besides I can't wait to see how much weight Ive lost just being on it. I caught myself licking mac and cheese off my finger today after fixing my sons food, but caught it in time to spit it out!! CRAAAZZZYYY UH!!! I will be fine one min. and the next Im craving a certain food BAD!! Hang in there. Its not the end of food, just the end for now. Think about the outcome of it all. Whens your surgery? My is the 8th. Good luck!
bananajana5
on 3/3/06 12:05 am - Jackson, TN
Hey Lisa...I am trying to hang tough!! My surgery is March 13...let me know how you are doing?? And any tips since you are first!!! Jana
Kylie S
on 3/2/06 11:13 pm - Melba, Australia
Hiya, I didn't exactly cheat, my surgery was postponed another week after I had been on the Optifast for about 6 days, so that night I had something as it would still mean I would still have two weeks on Optifast. I have to tell you I was bad!!! though, as I had a burger and chips. OMG did I pay for it though. After 6 days on a liquid very low calorie diet my body rejected that fatty food. Cramps, felt ill, and spent a lot of time that night and the next day on the loo. Was it worth it to me? Prolly not in hindsight. I honestly can't tell you what would happen if you had some mexican food. I guess it would depend on what you had and the amount. If you could get away with just a taste ie a spoonful of something and then move on then maybe it would help. But if that wouldn't be enough and you would end up wanting more then maybe it's important that you try to stay strong. I know how hard it is, and I have to say I struggle to get in all my drinks, but I am lucky enough to be allowed some veg and fruit, if I wasn't allowed those things I am not sure I would have coped. Hope it works out for you. Take Care Kylie
riotgrrl
on 3/2/06 11:26 pm - stroudsburg, PA
NOPE, not once. but at my preop appt yesterday my nurse said i could have chilli the next few days because its high in protein and i am not getting enough in. so i went right out and got chilli and ate it! there are some days i cant even eat 1200 calories so i dont know how i was eating so much before. its amazing how our bodies adjust.
cdugan
on 3/3/06 4:22 am - Melbourne, FL
I hear you....my surgery is Monday and last Friday my doc said I could eat every other day a very small amount of protein and veggies. I'm gonna eat tonite and then its clear fluids all day and nite sunday. omg i hear you. The only thing I can recommend is to drink plenty of fluids to help keep you full. Good luck
Kandiicane
on 3/4/06 12:13 am - Senatobia, MS
I am coming to the close of my two week "Liver Shrink Diet". The first week was easy. This week though I find myself thinking of every kind of food under the sun! Japanese miso soup, tempura, udon and the good old fried chicken and anything that is finger licking good.....lol. The other day I KNOW I had more than the 3 ozs of lean meat I am suppose to eat. The guilt....dang I cant do that again~! I think what keeps me from breaking this diet everyday is the fact that I want this surgery. I want to be in the best shape as possible when I have this surgery, so I must follow the Doctors instructions. I just keep saying to myself, it wont be long now, just stick with it a little longer........ I am lucky, I am allowed to eat all the steamed veggies I want along with the 3 ozs of lean meat I have for dinner each night. I usually dont eat meat every night so this has been interesting~! I have eaten veggies I dont really care for and now find that they are like having a gourmet meal..lol. Asparagus is heaven.....which is unbelievable to me~! But it tastes so very delicious right now. Variety is the spice of life. I also mix the fruit with yogurt that I am to have for snack to mix the flavors. I am trying to be creative now as I "think" I need something crunchy and flavorful and darn right sinful to eat~! ;) Tuesday is my clear liquid day......and Wednesday March 8th my surgery day. I am ready....oh soooooooo ready~!
swoozie
on 3/4/06 1:46 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
l have not cheated once yet, although l wanted to , l just stood up and said no and this is why l am doing this..l am having surgery this friday coming and l have lost so far as of this morning 16 lbs,, there is no way l am cheating now.. l set a goal of 20 lbs by friday and l will do it.. Good luck, l know it sometimes can be hard,, drink lots of water and herbal tea.. l am drinking green tea, and l stop drinking at 10,, or l am up all night peeing..
GayleTx
on 3/5/06 12:13 pm - northeast, TX
I am scheduled for Mar 27 so am doing a PRE pre-op right now....practicing! I don't think I'll cheat......can you think of anything more humiliating than being laid out on the table and then told you are too fat for OBESITY surgery, of all things!!????
P Y T That's me!
on 3/6/06 4:01 am - Some where in, AL
I started the "Liver shrink diet" today. I already want food I know I can't have. I don't think I will cheat. But the next couple of weeks will be difficult. I know that the entire process is for better health for myself. So by God's grace I will not cheat. I'll pray for you. In the meantime be strong. Good Luck
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views