March 27th!!!

beebees2
on 3/2/06 6:57 am - Deerfield Beach, FL
I am very excited, I just got my date. I am also scared about the surgery and potential complications. My friends are not very supportive - even though they've seen me yo-yo my entire life they all seem to think that I am crazy. BUT...I know that I am ready and that after soooo many dieting failures this is the tool that I need. As a huge eater, I am also worried about the entire lifestyle change...
cathelewis
on 3/2/06 8:17 am
Congrats! I am having surgery on March 27 too. I'm sorry to hear that your friends are not supportive...do you think they might be jealous? I think the lifestyle change will be hard, but I just keep thinking that something's gotta change because I can't go on the way I am. Best of luck to you!! Cathe
beebees2
on 3/2/06 11:26 pm - Deerfield Beach, FL
I think that some of them are concerned that I won't be fun to eat with anymore, others that I'll die and maybe some are jealous. But it's weird, when anyone gets all excited when I tell them about the WLS, I wonder how they look at me - do they just see an out of control fat person? Where is your surgery? I'm in Florida. Do you need to do a liquid diet? I am excited and would like to be about 6 weeks post op right now!! Take care, Robin
cathelewis
on 3/4/06 2:47 am
My coworkers for the most part have been really positive about the surgery, and they are mostly athletic or at least thin guys. I'm taking their reaction as "Good for you - you're doing something good for yourself" rather than "It's about time you did something about the weight." I'm in Minnesota (no, we don't have polar bears up here, at least in urban areas). I have to do a liquid diet 10 days before surgery. And it's all liquids, no jello or yogurt or anything like that. I agree...I'd love to have the surgery behind me right now. Can't come too soon!!! Take care, Cathe
beebees2
on 3/4/06 9:59 am - Deerfield Beach, FL
I have to just go on a no carb, no sugar diet for 10 days - I'll definitely be thinking of you for the 10 days then!! Have you done all of your Dr's appointments yet? I still have the cardiologist (monday) & a colonscopy (cuz i'm 50 - as if that's not insulting enuf ) & the blood test. I am excited though.
cathelewis
on 3/5/06 1:41 am
I can do no carb, no sugar. Heck, I've done Atkins induction phase about 100 times. I think the hard part will be not eating solid food, just drinking. It's more of a mental adjustment. But from what I've been reading, we definitely want our livers to be as lean and mean as possible for surgery. Are you having lap or open? I'm lap. I'm all done with my appointments, except a presurgery physical. Good luck with finishing yours, especially the colonoscopy. Haven't had to do one of those yet, as I'm not quite 40. I'm trying to get things done around the house so I don't have to sit home and stare at everything I need to do while I'm on medical leave. I think I'm more nervous about not getting my cupboards cleaned out than I am about the actual surgery. OK, I'm nuts. I still have to go shopping for all that great after-surgery food, broth, jello and so on. Take care, Cathe
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views