ANYBODY ON A PRE-OP LIQUID DIET? (BANDSTERS)

ROBIN R.
on 3/1/06 10:12 am - Zachary, LA
My doctor suggest a opti-fast preop diet. I have totally failed this diet. That was so hard just doing liquids. I'll get better as it gets closer to my surgery date. I have until next Wednesday.
bettyc
on 3/1/06 11:05 am - Covington, LA
Hi--I'm with the same group--Dr. Thomas is doing me on march 13. No one really said anything about it but it was in my package so I sort of tried and loss 10 lbs in 2 weeks then somethiung came up and mmy doctor had to be out of town and they moved my date from March 1 to March 13. I am trying to do liquid protein drinks for two meals and one small high protein meal. The propose is to shrink the fatty liver. I don't know your weight and body type but my docot told me even though I have a high BMI --I weigh 340 and am 5'10 my weight is distributed all over my body not mainly in the stomach area so I should not have problem having Lap surgery. Of course the smaller the liver-less fat-the better the chance to be a successful Lap rather than open proceedure. Are you at Southern surgical Hospital?
Lisa M.
on 3/2/06 5:11 am - Murfreesboro, TN
i am on a 7 day liquid preop diet.....i drink 6 carnation instant breakfast drinks, the carb conscience ones a day, plus 48 oz of zero calorie drinks....i have a fatty liver and my enyzmes are through the roof.....i am doing this to shrink my liver.......i didn't realize that because of this i may have to have an open lapband!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views