5 days to gooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheymax
on 3/1/06 5:25 am
I am so excited and of course nervous too. But I am so ready for my new healthy life. If anyone has any words of wisdom or support, I will very much appreciate it. God Bless You All, Karen
Darlene X
on 3/1/06 7:00 am - Maricopa, AZ
Wow, I can only imagine how nervous you are!!! Im already nervous and I still have 19 days hehehe Good luck!! Come and give us a detailed post of how everything was! help calm some of our nerves for those who go after you.... best advice I can give, if your lucky enough to have a WLS support group nearby, GO!!! Darlene
intimid8r
on 3/1/06 8:28 am - Shady Point, OK
Congratulations Karen! I know how you feel. I'm scheduled for the 8th and can hardly wait. It won't be easy, but it will be worth it in the end. Words of wisdom...(from my friends who have had surgery)....the first 2 weeks are the roughest, make sure you get the water you need, take your vitamins, and follow your Doctor's orders. Best wishes on your NEW LIFE! Shanna
bellastorridus
on 3/1/06 4:51 pm - Spring Valley, CA
Hi Karen! Isn't the wait terrible!??! I am anxiously awaiting March 7th for my LapRNY. Everyone keeps asking me if I am scared...and I really wasn't until so many people asked!! LOL I have to keep reminding myself that there are already plenty of people who are scared for me, I don't need to focus on that. Also, I got a big boost by going to my WLS support group last night. It is just inspiring to see those who've gone before me who are living it right now and thriving and doing well. So when the nerves really start to get to me...I just think about them and how in less than a week, I will be one of them! You will too...and we are gonna do AWESOME! -Karen
dhaus21330
on 3/4/06 12:11 am - Medina, NY
Good luck Monday~! I am having an open roux n-y on Monday at 8:30 AM. I am nervous, excited and bored. Want it over so I can get moving with my life. I started last March when my PMD said do something or expect to die soon. He is real tactful! I was 397 and miserable. I went to intro meeting in May, met with Surgeon in June and 103 lbs later I am finally having surgery. I already learned over the X-mas holiday period that just loosing weight and exercise would not be enough for me, so that made January and February pass quickly, but the last couple and next couple of days have been longer than 24 hours in my book! At any rate, best wishes and happy trails from here! Dayton
Tamara L.
on 3/4/06 2:39 pm - Winston-Salem, NC
Hi Karen~ I know you are thrilled, nervous, excited, a little worried and joyful all in one breath! It's almost unimaginable to see the future without joint pain and without having to adjust "life" to meet our needs. I'm am so excited about the possibilities that I know are going to become a reality--because there are so many success stories on this site that inspire! Good luck and God bless. Let us know how it goes! Tamara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views