Is anyone else on liquids?

lele2
on 3/1/06 10:27 am - Troutman, NC
I started my liquid diet last Thursday and my date is the 8th. Yessss have had to go to bathroom MANY times. I work in a bakery!!!
cathelewis
on 3/1/06 10:37 am
I have a couple of weeks yet before I start the liquid diet. I just saw the nutritionist today to discuss. Some of you lucky ducks get jello, yogurt, and cottage cheese. All I get is 5 liquid protein servings a day (milk, Carnation Instant Breakfast, Boost, Ensure, or a protein drink...I like Isopure and Nectar) and calorie-free liquids (water, Crystal Light, broth, etc.). I like to mix a scoop of the vanilla Isopure powder with half a cup of soy milk and a couple of ice cubes in the Magic Bullet. It tastes like a McDonald's vanilla shake. Do those of you with headaches think it is from caffeine withdrawal? I kicked the soda habit a couple of months ago, and I remember my head was pounding for a couple of days. Best of luck to all of you on the liquid diet. I will be joining you soon! Cathe
Sheri D.
on 3/1/06 11:08 pm - On the edge of, SD
Hi Cathe. Yesterday, I thought the headache may be from caffeine withdrawal, until I read that others were having the headaches too. Today I don't have one near as bad and it is day three. Yesterday, I was starving by mid morning, but today is not so bad again. I just keep thinking only 12 days to go - I can certainly live through this. Best of luck to all of you just starting or getting close to finishing this liquid stuff too! We need to stay strong and really remember why we are going through this and how great we will feel that we did. Sheri
cathelewis
on 3/2/06 8:24 am
Hi Sheri, Glad to hear your headaches are getting better. I suppose they could be caused by not getting nearly as many calories as you're used to. I get headaches and act crabby if I don't eat for a long time, like if I skip lunch. I have warned all my coworkers that I might be grouchy because of the liquid diet. Good luck to everybody on getting through the liquid diet. I'm starting mine in a few days. The countdown is on! Cathe
Sheri D.
on 3/5/06 3:54 am - On the edge of, SD
I didn't get grouchy - but instead got very emotional and am starting to cry a lot. Feel a little depressed and scared. However, I just keep thinking 6 days down and only 9 to go. Good luck with yours.
bettyc
on 3/1/06 11:11 am - Covington, LA
I was suppost ot go on March 1 and did the 2 weeks liqids, sort of, and loss about 12 lbs and then my surgery was canclled and put on the 13th. My surgeon had to move the date because his assist cancelled on him. On well do I have to do it again!!!
bellastorridus
on 3/1/06 4:43 pm - Spring Valley, CA
My surgeon doesn't require weeks of all liquid, although he does require the last two pre-op days. I'm prepared as best as I can be. My surgery is Tuesday, putting Saturday night as my last day of real food for a long while..as we are required to be on clear liquids for 3 weeks post-op. My best suggestion is vary things as much as you can. Make popsicles out of crystal light and make some sugar free jello....at least it will FEEL like you are eating something. Other than that, if you are allowed to take Tylenol, you could try taking a low dosage regularly around the clock to stave off the headache. Keep up the good work! I know it's very difficult! -Karen LapRNY scheduled for March 7, 2006
dhaus21330
on 3/4/06 12:17 am - Medina, NY
Janna It does get better. My surgery is Monday and I have been on the liguids for two plus weeks. Doctor did not require it, but said it would not harm me. We use 2 carb Slimfast 4 per day. Chicken broth is a big help. I ended up taking this week off from work cause the BR thing was an issue for sure. Not as bad today. Good Luck and Happy trails from here. Dayton
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views