Any Soon to be Bandsters?

CadlllacMama
on 2/27/06 10:16 am - Everett/Seattle, WA
I've noticed a lot of people doing RYN. Is anyone doing the lapband in March??
Tammy M
on 2/27/06 10:33 am - Somers, CT
I am April!! I'm so excited, I can't wait! I finally decided that I am going to tell everyone - I was originally going to keep my surgery a private matter but decided today that I really don't care what anyone's opinion is. I told my boss and his boss and they both were somewhat positive, they weren't negative by any stretch - they were a little curious because they hadn't heard of the band before......... Have you told everyone?? Best Regards, Tammy Count Down: 8 days!
CadlllacMama
on 2/27/06 10:38 am - Everett/Seattle, WA
Hi Tammy... I told everyone I that I wanted to know.. my boss, and the other Directors on our campus, come to find out - one of the Directiors, her boss had the surgery last week!!!! Overall I am excited, my BF is very supportive, but nervous.. I can tell. I have a HUGE support group. My mom had gastric bypass almost 2years ago, so she is very supportive and helpful. My date is March 16th.. I am sooooooooooo excited!!!! I am doing the countdown and beginning the last supper syndrome, but I'll make it. How much time do you plan to take off from work? I am taking a week off.. Good Luck!!!!!!! - April
Tammy M
on 2/27/06 10:48 am - Somers, CT
That's just wonderful that you have a good strong support network. My best friend had the bypass in October and is one of my biggest cheer leaders......I met a woman at the nutrition class and we are becoming really good friends - she is being banded tomorrow! My husband is supportive, but I think he's concerned that I will have a hard time changing my life style because he's seen me fail over and over and over again since 1987 when he first met me! He's been there with me at every class and is going to do the liquid diet with me - so he can lose a little weight - he's about 20 lbs. overweight - imagine that??? Anyway - I am planning to take about 2 weeks off, generally I don't bounce back that quickly from any of my previous surgeries (gall bladder in 2000, c-section in 2002 and knee in 2005) - but if I'm up to it, I'll go back or maybe just work from home.......... These are exciting times we live in April! I looked at your profile - you are beautiful - it's very hard to believe you're fat from your picture - you don't look it at all! Best Regards, Tammy Count Down: 8 days!
Lisa M.
on 2/28/06 1:21 am - Murfreesboro, TN
I will be banded on March 7! I finished pre-op yesterday....EKG and bloodwork, met anesthesology (sp) met twice with nutritionalist. Will meet with surgeon on Thursday.....I am on a liquid diet to shrink my liver......its a long time to be on liquids, but I have to get used to it anyway, as it will be liquid for awhile after surgery.....Good luck to you.....see you on the other side.
ROBIN R.
on 3/1/06 10:07 am - Zachary, LA
Hi April, I'm a soon to be bandster too. My surgery is on March 8 with Dr. Thomas lavin in covington, la. I meet with him tomorrow to pay my fees and pre-op lab work. We are going to do just great. I can't wait to get this weight off. I'm ready for the world to see the real robin. Email me anytime. My profile is robin rogers, baker, la
CadlllacMama
on 3/1/06 10:12 am - Everett/Seattle, WA
Me too! I have been overweight since puberty, and I am ready for the change... "DING - YOU MESSED UP!! LOOK AT ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!" :D im waiting to rub that in someones face.. LOL sounds bad.. but people are so rude if you are overweight.. yahoo messenger: [email protected], or MSN messenger: [email protected] I am always looking to chat!
DEEDLYNN
on 3/2/06 1:33 am - Cincinnati, OH
I am a bandster set for 3/6/06. Can't wait. I am on the liquid diet right now and it sucks.
Shannon122
on 3/2/06 7:50 am - Belleville, NJ
Hi April!! I am scheduled for the lap band on March 21st and cannot wait!! For me...it's up there with waiting for my due date and finally see the new baby!! Lol....sounds crazy but I was soo excited then and I have the same excitement now!! I guess in a sense it is a New Birth??!!! I cannot wait to shop for smaller clothes! Good luck with your procedure and keep us posted!!
CadlllacMama
on 3/2/06 2:11 pm - Everett/Seattle, WA
Thanks! You too!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!