March 10th is the big day!

krstevens
on 2/27/06 11:34 am - South Milwaukee, WI
Hello! It was recommended at my support group to use this website. I just registered today and this is my first post. I love the support that I already see here. Just curious, does everyone know that you are having surgery and why? My husband's family is extremely supportive, but I am not receiving the same support from my side of the family. Has anyone else experienced this? And if so, how do you overcome? Thanks!
Heather_O
on 2/27/06 11:48 pm - WI
CONGRADULATIONS March 10 is coming up soon. I told my mom, her fiancee, and my husbands aunt but I waited till I had a date so that they knew I was serious and that they wernt going to change my mind. My husbands family suffered a huge loss when someone they loved died from a diet pill overdose so I know I have to tell them this weekend because when I start losing weight quickly they may think I'm doing the samething. I dont know if they'll be supportive though because their very old fashioned. And as far as telling the rest of my family I figure that if they ask I'll tell them but until then I dont have to worry about it. I'm sorry your having problems with your family but you have to keep telling yourself that your not doing this for them, your doing it for yourself and for your health. Your very brave for having the courage to tell them in the first place one of the things I told my mom was, even if you dont agree with my decision please just tell me you'll be here if I need you. My moms very judgemental and that statment stopped her in her tracks and I think it helped her respect my decision. I hoped I helped GOOD LUCK Heather
krstevens
on 3/6/06 6:09 am - South Milwaukee, WI
Heather, Thank you for your advice. It sounds like you said the same thing to your mother that I said to mine. I said that I am 30 years old now, have a family of my own, and it is time I make decisions for me and that I shouldn't have to worry about whether my Mommy and Daddy approve or not. I am doing this and if they don't like it I am OK with it, but I need support. I guess it went over well because my mother bought plane tickets to fly here and help the week after surgery. Only 4 more days! When is your surgery? Kimberly
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views