To All March Pre-Ops!!

Tisha C.
on 2/27/06 9:16 pm - Signal Hill, CA
~Tisha
wells403
on 2/27/06 12:05 pm - GA
hello greg.......... and thank you, thank you, thank you......... you said just what i needed to hear. my surgery is on march 6th and i was starting to wonder if i was doing the right thing......i am married to the most wonderful man alive (who's in iraq) and have 4 wonderful children.. i was thinking of all the horrible things......and i read what you wrote. all the things that made me start this journey........ i'll see you on the losers bench............ thanks again for the wonderful words of encouragement.... susan
Greg Sands
on 2/27/06 10:10 pm - Collingswood, NJ
My pleasure, Susan. Think how cool it'll be when your man comes home (and I pray for you that it'll be soon!) and sees the new you! I'll bet you that moment will make everything you will go through in the weeks and months ahead 100% worth it! Greg (342/191/185)
jamey0509
on 2/27/06 9:42 pm - Charlotte, NC
Thank you Greg so much. I'm having surgery on March 21st. I've been working towards it for a year and never thought I would be having second thoughts...not really, but am nervous. Your words are just what I needed to read...so I went straight to your profile and read and then from no where started crying and then started laughing. No, I'm not normally an emotional wreck, but I am stressed about work and worrying a bit about the decision to have the surgery so I suppose that is the catalyst for roller-coaster emotions. Thanks so much for what you wrote!!!!
Greg Sands
on 2/27/06 10:07 pm - Collingswood, NJ
I completely understand the roller-coaster. Been there, done that. It is normal, believe me. One of the things that helped my wife and me a lot has been a support group, both pre- and post-op. If you don't have one yet, find one. If you can't find one in your area, start one. Much like OH, which is a Godsend, a support group of your WLS peers works wonders, because you don't feel like you're doing this in a vacuum. Supportive spouses, parents, kids, friends and family are all great, but talking with others who are going through what you are going through is priceless. Good luck on the 21st. My father will be having eye surgery that same day and I'll be thinking of you. Greg (342/191 (yes, I lost another pound today!!)/185
bettyc
on 2/28/06 2:19 am - Covington, LA
Thanks Greg. You have done great. I hope to do well and next year be as content and happy as you.
onedaybthin
on 2/28/06 2:35 am - LAUREL, md
Congrats, to you, and thank you. My date is March 28th and I wish I read this post first cause I have been reading profiles after profiles and I must admit they did scare the POO out of me, some was good and some was like (do I really want this) LOL. But I know this is for me....... Lisa (241 pre-op)
janson
on 2/28/06 4:58 am - Pine City, NY
Greg, Thank you for your warm words of wisdom and inspiration. My surgery is scheduled March 16th and I am nervous. I have never had surgery before and it scares me. I know that I will be fine and way better off than I currently am. You are right about reading profiles, I read one last week from a woman who has the same surgeon as me and to be quite frank, it scared the hell right out of me! I keep thinking how healthy I am going to be and I can't wait! Thank you again, Jackie
aprilwilley
on 3/1/06 8:29 am - Corning, AR
I want to thank your for the encouragement. My revision is scheduled for March 21st, the first day of spring. With spring becomes new beginnings happen and I look for ward to that!!! I am one of the ones who's first surgery didn't go well. I lost my bypass because of an infection. My faith has been restored and I will going forward with a different doctor at a different hospital and I feel he can make it happen for real this time.
Elena S.
on 3/2/06 5:43 am - Trumansburg, NY
Thank you Greg. It was very thoughtful of you to post to us newbies. I haven't read many profiles or looked at pics but I have gone to several local support groups and they are a big help. My surgery date is the 14th! Besides starving right now I'm VERY excited. I had a rough begining trying to find a protein that I can drink. I got scared when I tasted the slim fast, praying they all din't taste that bad. I can't tollerate artificial sweetners or those shakes so I need to work with my dietition and get creative. I did find Isopure though. Anyway, thank you for putting my mind in the right direction ...now I'm even more excited Congrats on your success, I will be joining you soon!!!!! Take care, Peace, Elena
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views