To All March Pre-Ops!!

Greg Sands
on 2/26/06 9:53 pm - Collingswood, NJ
I wish you luck, health, joy and excitement for the path you're all about to take. The 7th will be ONE YEAR for me and it has been the most exciting time of my life! I know you're all feeling a bit jittery right about now. It's completely normal. I suggest two things: First, go to the "before and after" pics section and look at them and think "this will be me, soon!" Do not, Do NOT, DO NOT read profiles right now! Occasionally, you will hit a land mine (a profile of a procedure that didn't go well) that'll scare the holy poo out of you. JUST LOOK AT THE PICS. Second, time to do some visualization: Close your eyes, a couple times a day, and picture yourself, 12 months from now: How you feel, how you look, the fun of buying clothes OFF THE NORMAL RACK, how other people are complimenting you, the shock of recognition by people you haven't seen in awhile. Feel the feelings, smell the smells, all of it. Take your time. Bask in it. Enjoy it. Then, just for a minute, visualize yourself, one year from now, if you DON'T have the surgery done. If you're like me, you'll almost SKIP into the OR!!! Peace; God Bless! And Good Luck!! Greg Sands (342/193/185)
Valerie J.
on 2/26/06 10:29 pm - Casper, WY
Thanks Greg for the words of encouragement and advice. I leave tomorrow for Colorado then spend Wednesday doing the Pre-ops and then surgery on Thursday. I am getting a little jittery. My daughter and Granddaughter were over on Saturday and not feeling good. They went to the ER on Sunday and both have the flu. I'm so worried they gave the bug to me and I don't want to wait one day longer than I have to for the surgery. I bet the visualizing will help to relax me if I get too excited to sleep. Thanks again, Valerie
brandi411
on 2/26/06 10:44 pm - brooklyn, ny 11206, NY
Thank you Greg for your words of advice. My date is 3/10/06. Woohoo!!! I am so excited. Cannot wait to go to the slimmer side. And Valerie your family must have been talking to my children. My 8 yo started early yesterday morning, and his 2 yo sister followed him by afternoon, with fever and vomitting. I am so afraid that they are going to make me sick and my surgery is going to get postponed. I guess I just have to wait and see what happens.
funnygirl
on 2/27/06 1:49 am - Clayton, DE
Thank you so much for that Greg..I am scheduled for March 9th and the nerves are kicking in big time. I feel like I am prepared but boom something else pops into my mind about what I need to buy or do. Again..thank you Kathy
Tammy M
on 2/27/06 10:27 am - Somers, CT
Thank you so much for this inspiration Greg - I read a lot of your profile - what an incredible journey - that must have been so hard for you to be all ready and than sent home! I have a bad cold right now and am on antibiotics - my chest is full of junk and my ears are completely plugged - I'm on an 8 day count down and I don't want anything to hold me back! I hope the zpac does the trick for me - I only have one pill left - I'm taking sudfed to try to get my ears cleared and muscinex to get the stuff left moving out...........I'm also very sorry to hear of the passing of your Mom, it's so hard to lose a loved one - I lost my Dad in July 2002 and I still miss him a lot..........Anyway - Thank you so very much for taking the time to post this advice and give such awesome inspiration! Best Regards, Tammy Count Down: 8 days!
Greg Sands
on 2/27/06 12:14 pm - Collingswood, NJ
Hang in there, Tammy. Be sure to make sure that your surgeon and your anesthesiologist are aware of the z-pac. Your blood sugars can fly up and down because of the steroids (which is why I spent the first 24 hours in ICU) but if they are aware of it ahead of time, they could take steps in your case to prevent that. You will be in good hands. Have faith and know that this is an amazing journey you are about to embark on! Greg (342/193/185)
Tammy M
on 3/5/06 11:05 am - Somers, CT
Update! I'm feeling much, much better - my cough is almost completely gone and my ears aren't plugged any longer!! Greg - thank you so very much for your encouragement and inspiration!! Best Regards, Tammy Count Down: 2 days! I'm STARVING
Greg Sands
on 3/5/06 8:13 pm - Collingswood, NJ
You're very welcome, Tammy! WOW, you're going in tomorrow? One Year to the day after my surgery? EXCELLENT! Good luck, fellow March 7th-er (is that a word?) (BTW, go to my profile (yes, it's allowed! ) and look at my newest pic (along with my wife, who will celebrate HER 1 year in three weeks).) Greg (342/191/185)
Tisha C.
on 2/27/06 11:11 am - Signal Hill, CA
Thank you, Greg! Contrats on your anniversary! I just sat her for the last hour reading your profile - loved it! I know - I know...you say don't read the profiles right now...but I couldn't resist yours. Take Care! Tisha
Greg Sands
on 2/27/06 12:15 pm - Collingswood, NJ
Well, I've been told I'm irresistable! Greg (342/193/185)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views