March 28th. Insurance Approved

Gizzy29
on 2/24/06 9:05 am
HELLO PEOPLE, I am APPROVED!! Wednesday, Feb 22 the business office of where I am having WLS faxed my info to Aetna. I was not expecting to hear back for a few weeks. I found out today... 2 days. It sure has been a battle. I spent the last year and half trying to convine my former insurance to approve me.. appeal after appeal.. they said no. I switched insurances. I met the criteria (6 month medically supervised diet within 2 years or 3 consecutive months, and psych; bmi/comoribities). My surgery date is March 28th. I have to do the stress and echo (eko) on March 7th (I hope i make it thru that). Any suggestions about the stress and echo thing? I was told to not drink alcohol for two days before that and to start drinking lots of water. Should I try to walk more or what? what exactly is a stress test?? Thanks everyone for reading my ranting and raving. Have a great weekend.
Shannon122
on 2/24/06 8:18 pm - Belleville, NJ
Hi Tam...I just went to the cardio doctor...had a ultra-sound of the ticker and an ekg.....i still have to have the stress test done....from what i understand about the stress test is that they hook you up to wires kinda like the one for the ekg...and make you walk on a treadmill at different speeds and intervals.....hope this helps....good luck with surgery!!! Shannon
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/24/06 10:49 pm - My Town, NH
Hi Tam. Sorry I can't be of help with the stress test and eko, but I did want to say congratulations on your surgery date! You can make it through anything you put your mind to! Good luck on the 7th and on the 28th! -Stephanie
lyly
on 2/25/06 2:03 am - Plainfield, NJ
Congratulation! My cardiologist didn't require a stress just a echo. To prepare just follow their instruction. Walking couldn't hurt but not necessary.
chicka
on 2/25/06 7:04 am - TALAHASIEEE, WA
hey i wish you the best. im have surgery on the same day as you!! God bless and take care lauren
Gizzy29
on 2/25/06 12:08 pm
Thanks everyone. I saw that you are approved as well Lauren. Wahoo!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views