The 1 week count down

Blondie .
on 2/23/06 5:42 am - Mid Michigan, MI
I am very excited that the day is approaching. I am not really nervous HOWEVER I am nervous about after I get home. While I did attend nutricion classes I do not feel very informed on the day to day nutrient. I understand crushing meds, but then what do I do with them? I'm sure I don't snort them but how do I get them down in the first few weeks? Also how do I get enough protein in if I can only hold an ounce? While I have to drink continually all day?? I am totally serious, I am confused. Can somebody help??
cathelewis
on 2/23/06 9:53 pm
Give your surgeon's office or dietician a call with your questions...they are all good ones. Mine gave me a book with instructions for preparing for surgery, the pre-surgery liquid diet, and food lists and sample menus for each phase after surgery. I don't know the answer to your meds question. I'm sure they will show us how to take meds in the hospital. As for the protein question, maybe you should post it on the main message board and some of the long-term post-op people will be able to help. Best of luck on your upcoming surgery! Cathe
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views