Less than 2 weeks to go...anyone else not really nervous?

rowEn
on 2/22/06 11:07 pm - Huntsville, AL
Am I a little strange to be so calm about the whole thing? I read about everyone being nervous, but I'm really not. Now who's to say what I'll feel like on the 6th, but so far...I'm just really looking forward to the whole thing being done and getting start with the newest phase of my life.
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/22/06 11:39 pm - My Town, NH
Hiya. I am having surgery on the 7th as well. So far, I'm not really nervous. I don't think you are strange at all. Everyone handles things in life differently. I think I'll be fairly nervous on the ride to the hospital. It's all of the unknown stuff that is difficult for me. Until then, I'll just keep plugging away at work and trying to get everything in order at home. I can't believe I'll be coming home (hopefully!) from the hospital with a new stomach two weeks from now! -Stephanie
jennb40
on 2/22/06 11:41 pm - Nashua, NH
You know...I am not nervous either, for whatever reason. My surgery is the 13th. I like you am just so ready to move on to a smaller, healthier person. Perhaps we will get jittery closer to time...but I think reading posts on this web site has helped tremendously in calming my nerves...there are so many success stories and I just want to be one of them. Good luck to you and let us know how your surgery goes...as soon as you can! Barbara
bettyc
on 2/22/06 11:59 pm - Covington, LA
I was much more nervous making the decision to have surgery and spending that chunck of money( I's self pay) than aI am now. My surgery is the 13th, postponed from the 1st and I am syked. I have complete trust in my surgeon and am READY.
Liz_G_Tx
on 2/23/06 12:56 am
Im with you. Im also on the 13th and self pay... and was more upset about paying a chunk of money AND telling the job (which i still need to do lol). than i am about the surgery. I have waiting for the surgery for over 2 years.. so i am way past ready for it Liz
D S.
on 2/23/06 1:29 am - Kansas City, MO
My surgery is on Wednesday, and I'm not really nervous either. Just like everyone else, I'm just exicted to have this opprotunitya nd can't wait to put this tool to use. I don't think I'll be nervous until I kiss my husband goodbye and head back to the operating table- it is then that I think I'll be scared.
jennb40
on 2/23/06 1:32 am - Nashua, NH
I am so sorry for you gals that are self-pay. I am just curious...what do they charge for the surgery if insurance doesn't cover it? I think I heard once they charge the insurance companies about $25,000...? I know I just got the pre tests bill and it was $3,600 for EKG, echo cardio, abdominal ultrasound, Upper GI, blood work, and chest x-ray. The fees are just astronomical. I only hope with self-pay the surgeons give you a break. Good luck to you! Barbara
CadlllacMama
on 2/23/06 12:47 pm - Everett/Seattle, WA
I know that my lapband is 17K, that includes 1 year postop..
pamelarosa
on 2/23/06 1:41 am - Springfield, NJ
My surgery is scheduled for March 6th. I'm more excited than nervous. I still can't believe I'm actually going to do it. I've been heavy for all of my 55 years. I'm actually more nervous about coming home from the hospital than the surgery itself. I still haven't gone shopping for all the things I'm going to need. Best wishes starting our new lives.
rowEn
on 2/23/06 1:41 am - Huntsville, AL
Thank you all! It is nice to know I'm not being strange and the only one feeling like this. I feel like I'm as informed as I can be, have weighed all the pros and cons of having surgery and have reconciled all of that in my head already. 12 days and counting....now if I could stop having Last Supper Syndrome!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views