Last meal before execution?

jennb40
on 2/20/06 10:27 pm - Nashua, NH
Do any of you feel like you HAVE to get in that last bite of something you might not get to eat for a long time??? Why do we feel like this? I am 3 weeks away from surgery and need to lose some more weight, I had lost all I needed to and then gained some of it back...why did I do that?!!! I have looked forward to this for so long- to be a smaller and healthier person, yet the "food Devil" seems to come after me - I wish the Food Police would come instead! Does anybody else think like this? Sometimes it seems like the closer it gets, the hungrier I get and less disciplined I am with myself. OH well...thanks for letting me vent! I started yesterday the 3 week countdown and am on my second day of making myself eat only the right things. I think that we know we have to be disciplined after surgery and I think I totally understand why prisoners going for execution get their last meal!!!! Good luck to all us and thanks for listening!
njmom1975
on 2/21/06 8:00 am - Lakehurst, NJ
Barb, I am having cravings for anything and everything in site!!!! I think that it is because I know that I won't be able to have any of it after the surgery. As for a last supper with all the junk I have been eating I think that I have had my "last supper." Starting very soon I will have to become more disciplined. Good luck with your surgery on the 13th. I will follow you on the 14th. Jolie
cathelewis
on 2/21/06 8:40 am
Hi Barbara, I have a little more than a month to go before my surgery (March 27), and I have to admit that I'm getting less disciplined about food choices. Funny thing is...most of what I'm craving doesn't taste that good when I eat it! So I'm trying to wait a day before I indulge to see if the craving goes away. Not sure at this point how well this strategy is working.... Anyway, just wanted to let you know you're definitely not alone! Cathe
jennb40
on 2/21/06 8:32 pm - Nashua, NH
Wow Cathe - if you can wait till the next day to indulge in your craving...you have already won! My problem is getting to the next day - want it now! But I have done much better the last 2 days and mostly because of reading in this forum and knowing there is support from everybody! I have had my last meal and know that all those "last meals" is what got me to where I am now!!!! Barbara
cathelewis
on 2/23/06 8:05 am
One good thing to come out of this is that I'm getting a lot more conscious of what triggers my cravings. TV commercials set me off big time! I'm going to record all my shows on Tivo so I can skip the commercials.
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/22/06 5:11 am - My Town, NH
Hi Barbara. Oh my goodness can I ever relate! I began my two week pre-op diet yesterday. I felt like I needed to eat everything I enjoy and eat a lot of it! It's so easy to gain weight in the weeks before all of the restrictions. I've tried telling myself that it's not as if I won't ever be able to eat these things again. Or, even if there are a few things I can't tolerate, the end result is worth it. This is precisely why I need WLS! If I could talk myself out of eating too much and/or the wrong things I could maintain a "normal" weight. I'm counting on my new stomach to help me learn new behaviors and perhaps also help me put the demons to rest. Best of luck to you! - Stephanie
legallyKristin
on 2/22/06 9:54 am - San Antonio, TX
I've found that there is an actual term for what we suffer from, "Last Supper Syndrome." Sign me up, I've had take-out every night for the past 2 weeks! I do great during the day when I have my meals planned, but come dinner time...the syndrome attacks with a vengence! ;) Kristin
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/22/06 11:42 pm - My Town, NH
Kristin, it's so great to have an "official" name for this affliction! I also do much better at work. It's especially difficult if I decide to watch something on television. Maybe I should take up knitting so that my hands have something to do! -Stephanie
Heather_O
on 2/23/06 5:02 am - WI
For the last couple of weeks I've been giving myself one meal a week where I can splurge so I have to plan out my week of food and it makes it worth while that on Friday I get to have a big plate of whatever I want without feeling guilty. and if you really cant wait make sure you get extra exersise in to help balance your intake. Hope thats helpful. Good Luck, Heather
CadlllacMama
on 2/23/06 12:51 pm - Everett/Seattle, WA
Ive been OHH SO BAD!!! LOL, my date is Mar. 16th,. .and lemme tell ya... breakfast - protien shake, lunch - salad.. dinner... BRING ON THE POTATOES STEAK RICE COLLARDGREENS, PIZZA BURGERS... CHINESE FOOD... LOL, ive been going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when it comes to dinner... 1 more week then i start my liquid.. lol
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views