Tricare Standard rules...

jennl
on 2/19/06 8:12 am - hampton, VA
because I am approved. My surgeons office sent everything in on Feb 13 I got my approval on Feb 15. So my Date is still march 13. Yay me. Jenn
(deactivated member)
on 2/19/06 1:31 pm - Spokane, WA
Right on! I have Tricare Prime, I hope my approval goes as quickly as yours! Did the surgeon give you the 13 Mar date when they sent everything in? I'm hoping to have surgery then end of March, but they should be sending stuff in March 1st, so I'm curious. Congrats!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for everyone on here, because I know how excited *I* am... This place is awesome.
robinsaxton
on 2/21/06 3:39 am - Columbia, MD
Karli, I too have Tricare Prime. As soon as my referral was received I was approved. Of course I had to go through all of the other consult appointments but because the hospital here has a WLS program, the approval process was really quick. I met with the surgeon for the first time and after talking about surgery options and why I want this, etc he asked if I had any other questions. I asked him how long it would take for tricare to approve me and he said "you are approved"! I was stunned. I put my surgery off until March because I started a new job. I wanted to wait until my 90 days was up. Anyway, I hope your approval goes quickly. Be sure to let us know when your date is! Robin S.
RieRie
on 2/20/06 12:00 am - somewhere, IL
congratulations, welcome to the march board. love marie
robinsaxton
on 2/21/06 3:53 am - Columbia, MD
Jenn, That is fantastic! Congrats on your approval and date. You are two days before me and I was approved months ago. That was a very quick approval for you. I am so happy that Tricare finally sees the benefit to providing this surgery. I have tried for almost 8 years to get tricare to approve me. I was stunned when I was referred and approved so quickly. We'll be losers together! Take care, Robin S.
scottiewells
on 2/21/06 1:48 pm - aransas pass, TX
I too have tricare prime, but I had to wait a year to get refered out to a civilan doc. Just got my date of march 14th. Very happy for all of us.
rowEn
on 2/21/06 11:19 pm - Huntsville, AL
Tricare Prime is secondary for me, so I haven't even bothered to see if they "approved" me. Per their own policy, they'll just take a back seat to anything my primary approves. And my primary (Mailhandlers) approved me just last week!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views