Pre Surgery Food Frenzy

CadlllacMama
on 2/17/06 4:48 pm - Everett/Seattle, WA
.. I think its just my emotions and all.. but I am going through the, ok.. so what havent I tried, that I should eat before my pre-op diet.. Anyone go through this? Anyone have any suggestions?
RieRie
on 2/17/06 10:48 pm - somewhere, IL
yep. I have been that way for about two months now. So I started buying healthy food, not buying any junk to eat at all in the house. I am lucky I live with a man that will eat mostly what you put in front of him as long as it is food so he has not been bringing anything into the house. Of course it is the womens job to do the cooking and shopping. It is the eating out that I have the problem with, pizzias, fried chicken, mcdonalds, I hate to cook, so they are quick meals for me. That is going to be my biggest down fall. Unfortunately not to many healthy foods are fast foods. anyway luckily I didnt gain no weight. I guess partly because I have been walking too. I start my preop diet Monday. I was suppose to start it Wednesday, but the nurse said it would be okay to start it Monday instead. good luck, love marie
Lucy A.
on 2/17/06 11:42 pm - Janesville, WI
Hi April! Oh..MY...GOSH....YES!!! Tomorrow is my last day for "no-brainer" eating. I'm actually not even looking at what the nutritional aspect of anything is. I start "liquids only" on Monday to prepare for my surgery on March 1st so, I am doing what you are doing and thinking..."ok, now what will I not be able to eat.....now go eat it". I am sure this is not the "healthy" way to approach all of this, but I am about to lose one of my closest friends (food) and I want to send her out with a bang! Please don't get me wrong...I am SO excited and ready to start my journey and others may take a totally different approach. This is my way and I feel good about it. Congratulations on the surgery date!!! Please let me know how things go for you and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Take Care April! Lucy
bettyc
on 2/18/06 3:39 am - Covington, LA
My surgery is March 1 also. I swore I would not get off the diet but I got my date yesterday and went out last night with DH and ate oysters and again for lunch today and ate my last cheeseburger. Oh well if I was good at this dieting thing I wouldn't be having surgery. betty
CadlllacMama
on 2/18/06 12:54 am - Everett/Seattle, WA
Thanks everyone.. I think I just need to slow down and think about what im putting in my mouth Soon t'll be all liquids
jamey0509
on 2/20/06 7:31 am - Charlotte, NC
Yes! Yes! Yes! I started this thing of "This is the last time I'm going to eat it so I might as well enjoy it" thing two months ago. I think I've gained about 10 pounds. The stress of all the waiting was so hard it was useless to continue to try to diet so I relaxed for the first time in my life and ate what I wanted and how much I wanted. I'm to the point now where I just don't care about food anymore. Now with the surgery approved and almost here, I'm ready to start my life over and become a health-food addict and an exercise nut!
THINMINT
on 2/20/06 9:07 am - LEESBURG, VA
I can SOOO relate to your food frenzy!! But I'm ready to change too. Only ten more days to go!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views