Anyone over 50?

jennb40
on 2/16/06 11:40 pm - Nashua, NH
I just got a date yesterday and insurance approval - March 13, 2006. Just wondering if anyone here is over 50? I just turned 55 and fortunately do not have but one potential comorbidity. This last physical my blood sugar was elevated and they put me on metformin. I have never had high blood sugar counts before now, so hopefully that will go away after surgery. I feel so fortunate not to have any other real physical problems except for the excess weight. I only wish I had made this move years before, but hopefully this will enable me to have a new life after losing this weight. I know most of you are younger, so hope you don't mind having a granny in the March 2006 forum!!! Good luck to all. Barbara
LucyinNY
on 2/17/06 3:27 am - Fairport, NY
Hi Barbara, I'm 53 and having my surgery on March 13 also! I've been going through this journey for a year and finally surgery is in a few weeks! I agree with you I wish I did this years ago. I can't wait to feel better, and stop lugging around this extra person!!! Best of luck to you! Lucy
RieRie
on 2/17/06 4:01 am - somewhere, IL
I am 41 but I wish you the best of luck with your journey. I hope everything goes well. best of wishes to you. love marie
bettyc
on 2/17/06 4:08 am - Covington, LA
I am 58 and scheduled for RNY on March 1. We will all be the "old" March babies.
Jeanne B.
on 2/17/06 9:21 am - Warren, MI
I'm 58 and my surgery has been scheduled for March 20th. I have a few comorbidities: HBP, hyperlipidemia, type II diabetes, Sleep Apnea, bad knee joints, and back pain. Jeanne
Candygirl
on 2/17/06 10:58 am - Somewhere in, NY
I'm 55, will have my surgery on March 14, and turn 56 on April 16. There are a lot of us "old girls" around. Take a look at the "Over 50 Forum Messageboard". Lots of nice people, all our age or older. I've been looking into WLS seriously since Aug. 2005, after seeing my 42 year old niece lose 120 lbs in about 1 year. She looks and feels wonderful, and will be my major support person during my journey. I have fewer co-morbidities than many, but hope to be able to stop meds for high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and osteoarthritis after I drop some weight. I just got my date yesterday, and my insurance approved it within 24 hours. I'm excited and nervous and stubbornly determined to see it all through. Good luck to you. Candy W.
sratliff
on 2/17/06 11:33 am - auburn, CA
I'm 66 and expect to have surgery in early March. I started this about three years ago and went through most of the hurdles. My cardiolgist did a final blood flow study and found a nearly blocked artery so I had a stent placed. Since then I've been on a medically supervised diet with little success. My cardiologist cleared me to pursue WLS again in January and I have had all testing done and meet with the surgeon next week. I don't have to have prior insurance approval.
KATHY01525
on 2/17/06 12:46 pm - LINWOOD, MA
yes Barbara, I'm 52, my date is 3/3...just 2 weeks away!!!!!! Kathy from MA
jennb40
on 2/17/06 6:09 pm - Nashua, NH
Wow it sounds like a bunch of us "younguns" in this forum. Thanks for all of your responses. And as Candy said - the "over 50" forum is also a great place to check out. By this time next month, we should all be sitting proundly on the "losers bench" and going backwards in age. Hopefully we will all start feeling like maybe 20 year olds again?!!!! Good luck to all of us as we start this travel together. I appreciate hearing from all of you. Let's do it 'girls'!!!!
KATHY01525
on 2/18/06 3:01 am - LINWOOD, MA
Hi Barbara, I'll be praying for you, and as soon as able will let you know how things went for me at surgery, 3/3. Kathy MA
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views