March 15th is my lap-band date!

Christine W.
on 2/13/06 3:20 am - Seattle, WA
Hi Everyone... So after months of thinking about getting WLS, I've jumped through some hoops and now I've got a date to get my lap-band surgery. I'm really excited and a little nervous, as this will be the first surgery I've ever had. I have about a hundred pounds to lose and figure it'll take maybe a little more than a year to shed the weight. Thank goodness my husband and mother are really supportive. I still have about a month before the surgery and I'm already starting to mourn the loss of my favorite foods.... adios sweets, starches, and fried yummies.... Any words of encouragement, advice, whatever?
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/13/06 4:17 am - My Town, NH
Christine, congratulations on your date! That's wonderful. Isn't it amazing to think about being 100 pounds lighter in a year or so? I really can't envision it for myself at all. I once read that "nothing tastes as good as being thin". That's what I tell myself when I walk past that bag of Doritos that someone has open on their desk. Best of luck, Stephanie
Patti
on 2/15/06 2:58 am - Saint Paul, MN
Hello Christine! Congratulations on your upcoming surgery date -- a date we share for surgery!! I'm having Open RNY at Fairview-University Hospital. Do you have additional weight to lose before surgery? I have to lose an additional 15 # -- I'm working hard on it...drinking SFCIB mornings and also as my lunch every other day and then a light supper. I'm also doing my best to get 64 oz of water in -- I'm currently drinking 3-4 16.9 oz. bottles per day. I, too, am 'mourning' the loss of sweets...that and skim milk have been my two vices. As I, too, am now a month away from surgery, the words of encouragement I have to offer are: pray...accept the prayers being said on your behalf, and get things ready around your home so that you'll feel "environmentally comfortable" when you return home from the hospital. I'm trying to get everything caught up so that all I have to focus on is healing (physically, emotionally and spiritually), my new eating program and my family. And, I'm trying to get as educated as possible before hand! Take care and all the best to you as you await surgery!
Christine W.
on 2/15/06 4:05 am - Seattle, WA
Thanks Stephanie and Patti for your support. The surgery still seems like more of a concept and not reality. It's definately on my mind a lot, but to answer your question Patti, I'm not on any kind a diet yet. In fact, I seem to be in a race to "finish" eating all my favorite foods. Lasagne from Cafe Lago, homemade Chinese noodle lo mein from Mandarin Chef, Burgers from Red Mill, slices of pizza from Zeeks.... the list goes on and on. I still have one more meeting with my dr. before the sugery happen (2 weeks) and no one has said anything specific about losing weight before the WLS. This morning though, I just had a couple of scrambled eggs and plain toast. It's like I'm in this neather-region that is fat in denial. Does that make any sense? My husband took me out to a really lovely romantic restaurant last night for Valentine's Day. The meal was fabulous- not too huge portions, but really flavorful and healthy. Then came dessert... we got their signature "trio"- homemade chocolate ice cream, warmed chocolate mousse and their homemade truffles. Each was a tiny serving, but it is the richness that I'm going to miss so terribly. I can live without some crappy candy bar, but the real stuff- that's what I don't know that I can truly give up. Ugh.
bmw
on 2/16/06 11:09 am - Atlanta, GA
Congrats step---i pray that all will go well for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've got a surgery date scheduled for 03/17/2006----i am sooooo excited. I will be looking to see you on the losing side. We share something similiar, because i have never had any type of surgery before either. But i am going to keep the faith, and place my hand in GOD's---he has brought us too far to leave us now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD BLESS U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bmw
on 2/16/06 11:12 am - Atlanta, GA
I apologize christine----my previous message was for you, but step had just sent me a message, therefore I put her name instead of yours---sorry, my bad
Lisa M.
on 2/17/06 6:28 am - Murfreesboro, TN
My date is March 14th.....I am having lap band surgery also....happy, but nervous.....how do you feel!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views