How did u tell family? PART 2

Heather_O
on 2/13/06 2:38 am - WI
Hi everyone I just wanted to say thank you to all the people that wrote to tell me how they told their families it was very helpful and appreciated. My mom was a little hesitant but after talking it out I think shes a little more behind me now, my stepdad was really great about it. I got the feeling that my husbands family was just telling me what I wanted to hear but thats better then what it could have been. After I told them I felt soooo much better and now I feel more confident about telling the other people in my life I just needed to get the harder people out of the way first. THANK YOU Heather
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/13/06 4:15 am - My Town, NH
Heather, big smile on my face here! I'm so proud of you for taking care of yourself in this way. Great job! - Stephanie
Heather_O
on 2/14/06 4:46 am - WI
Hi Stephanie Thank you very much, I feel so much better now that I've told them Heather
march-hare
on 2/13/06 10:34 pm - Huntersville, NC
Not telling inlaws- dont think they would be accepting and not telling my parents because they are elderly and just dont get somethings! Official story for us is this: I am on a very strict medically supervised diet. totally true. My brother and grown nieces know as do most of my friends and co workers( Im a nurse). I thnk I have taken the Star Jones way out as in "NONE YA." lol Good luck to you Gail
Heather_O
on 2/14/06 4:57 am - WI
Hi Gail I wasnt planning on telling my family either but my husband and I would probably need extra hands for our 2 year old while I'm in the hospital cuz its a 4 hour drive and his aunt lives right near there so I figured if we had to tell her that I should do the same for my mom. Believe me I understand the way you feel I wish I didnt need to tell them but I'm glad its over and done with and that it went much better then expected. Good Luck with your WLS journey Heather
Lucy A.
on 2/16/06 10:52 am - Janesville, WI
Heather~ Way to go!!! Doesn't it feel good when you are done??? I am SO proud of you girl! Boy, it just keeps getting better and better! Lucy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views