Hello All "Marchers"

ItsMeTara
on 2/6/06 6:05 am - Horseheads, NY
I just wanted to congradulate all of you on this new journey! I had my surgery March 11th of last year(2005). To date I have lost 116 pounds. I weighed 296 the day of surgery and now weigh 180. I have gone from a size 22/24 to a size 12. I just wanted to inspire all of you to see what your future may hold for you. This is the best decision I ever made and it was for me!! So I want to wish you all the very best of luck! Please know that all the feelings that you will have...from excitement to fear are all normal! If you have any questions or jsut want to talk...please feel free to contact me. I wont have all the right answers, but I can give you how things went for me. Again, I am so happy for all of you!! Good Luck and God Bless!! ((hugs)) Tara
RieRie
on 2/6/06 11:01 am - somewhere, IL
congratulations on your upcoming one year anniversity. Thank you so much, it is refreshing to know someone is there for me if I need them. love marie
ItsMeTara
on 2/7/06 11:53 am - Horseheads, NY
thanks for the congrats! And a big congrats to you on you March 2nd date!! The time will just fly by! If you ever need to chat feel free to email me! ((hugs)) Tara
deaconj8
on 2/6/06 11:51 am - Austin, MN
Tara, thank you so much for your message. I see Dr. Kendrick at Mayo Clinic on February 15. At this time I am scheduled for surgery on March 16. I wish I could get in more exercise. I am just too weak. I have just gotten a machine to count my steps. I think I have done the most today as I am up to 963 steps. The psychologist who works with us would like us to be up to 2000 a day. This is my third or fourth day with the counter. It does help to know what I am doing. I am glad you are doing so well. My current weight on my own scale is 281 or 280. The Mayo Clinic had me down as 291. Sometimes I am raring to go. Sometimes I am very scared. It hasn't helped that I have experienced identity theft and a break-in into my home in the last 45 days. I am dealing with insurance companies, and am just worn out. Thanks for sharing. Mary-Frances Jones
ItsMeTara
on 2/7/06 12:07 pm - Horseheads, NY
Yikes...you have been through a lot lately...that will add to the stress or everything!! The worries and fears are normal with the upcoming surgery also though. I personally didnt have them...well...I did in the very begining when I was "looking into" the surgery. After I made my choice to go for it...it was all smooth sailing no fears, no worries...everything just kept getting in line with everything else. Please feel free to email me if you need to chat or just wanna talk. ((hugs to ya)) Tara
cheymax
on 2/7/06 11:30 am
Thank you so very much Tara, I will be having my surgery March 6th. I am very excited to start my new life. Again thank you.
ItsMeTara
on 2/7/06 12:08 pm - Horseheads, NY
Congratulations on your date!! I know it is so very exciting! ((hugs)) Tara
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/8/06 10:37 am - My Town, NH
Tara, Thanks so much for your words of encouragement! It's wonderful to have a resource close at hand for questions and reassurance. Congratulations on all your success! - Stephanie
Lucy A.
on 2/16/06 11:39 am - Janesville, WI
Tara!!!! You are such a sweetie! It would be so easy to just go on with your life and not look back at what others are going through...and here you are cheering your fellow WLS friend on!!!I could give you a great big hug! It is pretty intimidating sometimes to "hear" what the "century" club members are saying and it seems SO far away. I can hear the reassurance in your post and it is just very reassuring to me. Thank you so much for taking the time to check on us! (((hugs))) to you as well... Lucy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views