I have a date!!

dgarza
on 2/5/06 4:39 am - Lansing, MI
I finally have a date. It was so funny when I told my middle son Matthew. He came home and I told him "Guess what Matt I have a date, can you believe it?" He gave me a really funny look and said "Oh really, that's great mom, who with?" He had this really puzzled look on his face and I realized he thought I meant a date with a man. I laughed so hard and then told him I meant a surgery date. We all had a good laugh and then I told him March 7th. My whole family is very excited for me. Now the hard part begins. The waiting. Oh well I have so much to do before surgery. I am sure I can find plenty to do till then. Anyways I have a date and can't hardly wait.
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/5/06 1:07 pm - My Town, NH
Hi Debra. Congratulations on your date! March 7th is my surgery date as well. I'm also a former Michigander who migrated to New Hampshire. The excitement does seem to make waiting difficult. I often wish March 7th was next week instead of next month! I wonder if I will still be as ready as I am now on March 6th! Take care and best of luck, Stephanie
dgarza
on 2/6/06 12:38 am - Lansing, MI
Geez, does this make us related or something. I think it is kind of cool that there is someone out there who is going through the same thing I am. facing the same fears and worries that I am and also the same excitement at the chance to begin a new life. All on the same day. By the way the weather here sucks. It is cold and wet. It snowed last night so it is freezing outside. My arthritis is really acting up. I am really looking forward to some of my illnesses easing up after losing weight. I know it will help alot because I lost 100 lbs last year and it REALLY made a big difference in my pain levels and mobility. I am trying to keep busy and not think too much about the surgery. I counted today and by my calculations we have 29 more days. I will keep you in my prayers and best of luck to you also. Debbie
RieRie
on 2/6/06 10:57 am - somewhere, IL
Congratulations, You will find plenty to do to keep yourself busy. Mine is March 2. love marie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views