Marching our way to a healthier life

RieRie
on 2/1/06 11:54 pm - somewhere, IL
Hello all fellew Marches, As I see it we are all Marching our way to a healthier life. I believe we are all probablely feeling the same way excited, anxious, nervous, scared, and wondering if this is going to work. I believe the way to success is a positive train of thought. And I feel the best way to get that is to have positive people around you. We are all trying to do something positive in our life by going through this surgery. So lets support one another. I have been preparing myself for a change in lifestyle of eating habits. I have stop drinking all pop. and am taking mosts sweets away. And am trying to figure out how to get more protein in. I have ordered samples of protein drinks but havent tried them as I am saving them for after surgery as a lot of people say your taste changes. I am stocking up on water. and Chrystal light. Have started eating with baby spoons and small plate. And am getting prepared for my pre- op diet. Please let me know what you are doing to prepare for surgery. I have my first date with my nurse on what to prepare for the surgery on Feb 14. so I will be better informed then. thank you love marie
Tina K
on 2/2/06 7:01 am - Central, NY
Hello Marie! I've started by removing soda from my diet and I've begun to cut down on sugar. After talking to the dietitian yesterday I've also decided to start trying out protein drinks and sugar free stuff. For years I've had an aversion to artificially sweetened stuff, have not been able to stomach the taste of it. So last night I went out and purchased a few things - sugar free popcicles, pudding and jello. Tried a popcicle today and while I could notice the aftertaste it was not unbearable. I've got to buy some more milk for the pudding and I'll make the jello today or tomorrow. In the next few days I've also got to try the Atkins protein drink I found at WalMart. Another change I've made is trying to up my water intake. Both my husband (who is very, very supportive) and I purchased 64 oz bottles and fill them with water. It's my goal to get all 64 oz in during the day. Some times I've been great and other days not so good. But I'm working on it and that's what counts. Recently I've also joined the local YMCA so that I could use the pool, take water aerobics and work out. Love the idea of baby spoons and baby plates. I'll have to see about that. If we keep this up we'll be very prepared when the time comes. Hugs, Tina
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views