I have a date!!!

Melissa M.
on 2/1/06 5:54 am - Alpena, MI
I am fairly new here but I wanted to shout out to everyone that I finally have a date. I am very excited but nervous and scared ALL at once. Wierd feeling actually. Just wanted to share my good news and I will keep everyone having surgery soon in my prayers.
robinsaxton
on 2/1/06 8:31 am - Columbia, MD
Melissa, I feel the exact same way. So many mixed feelings. But I am mostly ready to get surgery done and begin shedding this weight once and for all. Congratulations on your date! Robin S.
RieRie
on 2/1/06 11:35 pm - somewhere, IL
Congratulations I think we all feel the same way here. I am so excited. we are all so excited. Glad to see you join us here at the Marchers board. We are Marching our way to a healthier life. love marie
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/2/06 11:02 am - My Town, NH
Congrats, Melissa! That is good news! I'm nervous, scared and excited too! Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers. Take care, Stephanie
Melissa M.
on 2/3/06 8:44 am - Alpena, MI
I admire you Stephanie for being so honest in your profile. I guess I would like to think that I wasn't eating that much and that I was active but the truth is I may eat little but I excersize even less, or not enough to balance out. Thank You for being honest and open in your profile... nice to see I am not alone with the struggles.
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/3/06 9:30 am - My Town, NH
Melissa, you are definitely not alone. I am looking forward to my body cooperating with me in my quest to lose weight! It doesn't seem to do that now. That said, I do also realize that it will still be a struggle and that I will struggle for the rest of my life. I ate a cookie today, a big one, and had my usual feelings of guilt afterwards. My willpower is practically nonexsistent! I'm hoping WLS will help me learn how to say no to those huge cookies that mysteriously appear. I certainly didn't need it and was much too full after I ate the whole thing. Somehow my brain doesn't understand the concept of "just a bite or two"! So back on the diet track for me now. My new mantra is..."yogurt is my friend, yogurt is my friend, yogurt is my friend (low fat, low calorie, low carbs, low everything!)... - Stephanie
Melissa M.
on 2/4/06 1:47 am - Alpena, MI
your last post reminded me of when I went to get a pop yesterday...yes a pop. my weekeness. Anyway, I got an RC, it had no calories, no carbs, no sugar...blah blah blah... I got to the counter and said to the woman "this pops just a whole lotta nothin" And even after I got the "nothin pop" I still wondered if it was wrong to have it. I understand the whole will power thing... I also know all to well about the beating myself up for eating the things I really enjoy. But what I am struggling with now is whats ok, and whats not ok. I really do wonder if the Nothin pop is really an alternative. Or if its still bad. Anyway, I guess this is all part of the journey to healthy living. Just wish I was more educated. Thanks for responding to my posts.
Laila M.
on 2/8/06 12:46 am - Dallas, TX
I am new here also, and I am excited about my date which is March 1st! I am somewhat nervous but, I know a God who heals and protects! So ladies we will be alright!! Let's put this surgery in God's unchanging hand!! I'll be praying for all of you! Love Monica
Melissa M.
on 2/8/06 3:56 am - Alpena, MI
Thank you all for responding, and I will definately have you all in my prayers as well. Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views