How is everyone preparing for surgery?

RieRie
on 1/25/06 12:59 am - somewhere, IL
I thought now was a good time to find out how everyone is preparing for their surgery. I have been buying healthier foods to put in cupboards, As if not to have to buy them all at once. I live in a small town so some stuff I have had to get from larger towns. I found a GNC in vincennes so that I can buy protein supplements. I also have been adding more water to my day. I already started eating with small plate and baby silverware. My boyfriend is also doing this. I think he will be a great support for this, as he wants to try everything I do. some people think that is selfish, but I think it will work better than me having to cook him seperate meals, although some stuff I am sure he wont eat or will still want some things different especially at the beginning. I am a little scared but trying not to worry. well I would like to hear about my fellow marchers.. and get to know one another, so lets gossip: love marie
Nicole R.
on 1/25/06 10:07 am - Kapuskasing, Canada
Hiya I myself stopped drinking pop...... and am surprised actually that I don't miss it.... I started stocking up on sugar free kool-aid and I bought a few packs of sugar free candies for when you're queasy.... ordered some more wls books.... mainly cookbooks.... Am so excited... Nicole
adanzrsmom
on 1/26/06 10:24 pm - Prosper, TX
Well, I to gave up the pop and find I don't miss it as much as I thought I would. Been drinking the water-still not up to 64 oz- but have been getting more than I usually do. Have bought my vitamins, trying different protein drinks-ugh and trying to chew chew chew my food-you know-I didn't know I gulped my food down and didn't chew it! Surprise! Have had to make myself slow down and still find that difficult!
RieRie
on 1/27/06 1:50 am - somewhere, IL
I know, I never thought I ate so fast. until I try to make myself slow down. Have you tried using a smaller plate and baby utencils. It does help. And the water thing, why I didnt realize 64 oz. was so much water. Have you tried the crystal light. The orange isnt bad. I havent tried the other flavors yet. love marie
Diane B
on 1/29/06 9:52 am - Oregon, OH
Hi Marie! Great question. I've bought lots of samples of protein. I have my vitamins, liquid calcium, compression garments, sugar free jello. I quit smoking a month ago. Easier than I thought it would be. I have my eye on the prize I guess. My surgeon requires one week low carb diet followed by three days of liquids. I'm going to do two weeks low carb. Can't hurt to try to shrink that liver! Been trying to practice sipping...that has been the toughest of all so far. Kudos to your boyfriend. Great to have that support. My husband has also been wonderful. He's paying for all of this (fought insurance for 4 years...time to move on and self pay). He's been there every step of the way for me and I am eternally grateful. Best of luck to you Marie. Looking forward to the "gossiping"!! Diane
Stephanie Smiles
on 1/29/06 10:42 am - My Town, NH
Hello fellow MARCHers! I also have stopped drinking soda. In fact, I only drink water, Crystal Light and herbal tea at this point. I admit that occasionally I crave a Diet Coke. For the most part, though, giving up soda hasn't been that bad. I too have experimented with protein powders and have been taking the vitamins, minus the iron, for the last month. I'm a little worried that my taste buds will change and I won't like the protein powders I can handle now. But I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. I'm using the pre-op diet now to maintain my required weight loss and to help shrink that liver. The pre-op diet is only required for two weeks before surgery, but I've been following it for a while with some modifications. It's not so bad. Now if only it was Friday night instead of Sunday night! Monday looms! -Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views