Just a piece of advise for you March folk getting ready for WLS!

continuedmoon
on 1/24/06 3:48 pm - salem, OR
Greetings All, I just wanted to let you all know of a secret I wish I had known before my surgery. I spent so much time on this board that I was starting to get freaked a bit. I wish someone would have told me to visit the prior months posts to see what was happeneing with those folks. You will see that so many people come out of the surgery with no issues at all. We all know that there are risks involved, but I would have been much more confortable seeing the bazillions that had no gas pain, did not wake up with a tube down their throat, had no issues and advised the pain was minimal. To know that a lot of people actually had a pretty good expereince was comforting. (I listed other helpful hints on my profile) I was one of those people that came out with hardly a scratch and I just wanted to encourage those that may be a little freaked to visit the January or December posts for an encouraging piece of news. It may even help you get prepared (grocery wise) on what to have handy for after surgery. You will all learn and grow together. I am two weeks post op and my scars are totally healed and I only had an issue with a twisted knee (from favoring my legs instead of my stomach when getting out of bed after coming home.) Getting out of bed and walking in the hospital was relatively simple. I did not go home with a drain tube, I was not able to even come close to the required intake of calories/food/protien/water for 4 days after my release which is normal, but nobody told me. I wish you all the best in your journey and pray that each one of you comes out of surgery with flying colors and has a rapid recovery. If this informaiton helps calm the fears of even one person I have accomplished the reason for the post. Good luck and God Bless! Kristie 285/260/150
continuedmoon
on 1/24/06 4:06 pm - salem, OR
Sorry about that..... You can get to any month you want by selecting the dates in the upper left hand corner. While you are in the month of "March" there is a drop down over on the top left menu tab and if you drop it down it will take you to any month of your choice. Thanks for the heads up that I forgot to explain that. Kristie
RieRie
on 1/25/06 1:01 am - somewhere, IL
that was good advice I had never thought of going to previous boards. I found December board had a good post that helped and gave me some ideals to try to get the march board going a litttle so as to get to know one another . love marie
Diane B
on 1/29/06 9:55 am - Oregon, OH
Thanks Kristie! Great advice. I'm sure all of us "Marchers" appreciate the tip! Diane
robinsaxton
on 2/1/06 8:29 am - Columbia, MD
Kristie, Thank you for sharing such great wisdom. It is always a thought of mine as to how I will feel right after surgery. I am haveing RNY, but laproscoplically (sp). I am glad that I won't have to heal from a huge scar, only 5 little 1/2 to 1" incisions. I will definately check out the other months because I am wondering how to prepare food wise and what protein drinks others liked best. I am looking forward to being on "the other side" with you in about 6 weeks. Thanks again, Robin S.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views