three years, can you believe it?!?!

~ Stylz ~
on 4/2/09 2:41 pm - North of Boston, MA
wow I can't believe we've been here for 3 years, its amazing to me how time flies and how much all our lives have changed!

Its nice to see some of us checking in, I truly miss everyone and I think about you all constantly!! like Rick says, life is great!  :)

Things have been good on my end weight wise, I'm maintaining, going between 126-130lbs.  I had my 3rd year check up and everything seems great, my iron was low, but nothing the dr. was concerned about she said iron once a week should put it back to the norm.  I have spurts of binge eating or carb eating, but once I get to 130 I do the "fat smash" detox and stick to it until I'm back to 125-126 again.

Everything else has been good, work is crazy, commencement is coming up so i've been stressed with that.  I've also been drinking wayyyYY too much!  I think on avg. I' drinking 3-4 x a week maybe 2 -3 drinks a night.  Its awful because when you drink the buzz goes away so quick that you have another glass, but on top of that, the alcohol isn't processing like usual so its going to your liver even faster... that being said, I WISH my dr didn't tell me "your liver is the only organ that regenerates" so basically other than going to the line of sciorisis of the liver, your liver will go back to new at any given point.. At this point my goal isn't focusing on weight loss, its more on control of alcohol consumption.  I need to cut down to 2 -3 days a week and stick to 2 glasses of red wine and I WILL do it!  

As far as exercise goes, I'm thinking about training for a Duatalon in October 3(k run, 15 mile bike, 3k run) in NyC.  I think it will be a lot of fun!  I have a friend who is very willing to do it with me, so I've got the support, I just need the motivation!  Exercise for me goes in spurts, sometimes I'm all about it, other times... walking from the car to work is exericse enough lol  

soooo how is everyone else?  Rick, I'm so happy to see you checking in, when I get my walks in at lunch I think about you walking across the US, how are you?  hows your wife, it was great having her checking in with us that week while you were gone!

Mama, Janine, Lauren, Ice Mama, Ms. Keara, Mimi, Shari and everyone else, its so nice to see everyones update or comments, we had such a great group of support, I think about you all!

stay in touch even if its a quick message so we know how you're doing! 

to all my marcher friends!

~Stylz~  
post - op 261.2/current 124.2/goal 125

~~~  down 137 pounds  ~~~

LESS HALF THE PERSON I USE TO BE 

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."

Rick A.
on 4/3/09 12:38 am - Far Northern, CA
I'm so glad you checked in. I have missed all of the "Old regulars".

Life is good here. I'm not walking as much as I should, but I still keep track of it and I WILL make it accross the country. Itene is doing good. She and my grandson are going to a daughters house for a week, so I'll be all alone. I guess that means it's time for me to cross things off the list while they are gone. I am so ready for spring. I love this time of the year with the flowers, the longer days and a little more warmth.

You have done so great with maintaining your weight loss. You are really an inspiration to me and many others. I do worry a little about the alcohol consumption, remember the cross transfer addiction thing. Okay - I'm off my high horse. Be good to yourself and enjoy your new healthful life.

Life is great, Rick
sunshine2001
on 4/5/09 6:41 am - Robertsdale, AL
I have not been on this website in a year or so. I am 3 years out and gained 10 lbs in the last year. What is your detox you talk about?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views