checking in/update on me

Shari B.
on 1/9/09 10:04 pm - Roseville, MI

Hi Friends,

It's been way toooooo long. sorry I've been mia.  Don't know where to begin.  My 18 month old son has been really having bad asthma spells.  He also ended up hospitalized in mid december with RSV and was very very sick.  At the same time I was admitted with really bad abdominal pain and had to have exploratory lap by my OBGYN.  I've had this mysterious pain in my right side for months now getting progressively worse to where I can take two pain pills and it barely dents the pain.  The good news is my bariatric surgeon who is also a general surgeon is going to do open exploratory surgery along with a hysterectomy which I need as well.  I'm also going to get my tummy tuck.  Found out yesterday that my insurance co. won't pay, but my parents, my angels are going to help loan us the money.  It's really an ideal time to have it since I'll already be cut open and under anesthesia.  Surgery is scheduled for 1/20.

Other than our recent health issues the family is well.  My 10 year old daughter is active in tap dance and church activities.  My 5 year old is in busy in girl scouts and church activities.  The baby is now almost 18 months old and what a busy little guy.  He's a mommy's boy and I love every minute of it!

We have our big long anticipated Disney trip planned in April and are getting very excited about that.  I just hope I can get my health all straightened around and heal up from my surgeries by then. 

As for my weight progress I'm down to 191 currently.  I was 340 presurgery, got down to 182 at my lowest, then crept up to 210.  The Dr. feels I have at least 15 pounds in excess skin that will be removed when I have my tummy tuck done, so I should be right about where my goal has been from the beginning.

I hope you all are doing well and would love to hear some updates.

Trish congratulations on your beautiful baby girl!

Hugs to all!

Shari B.

Mommy to:
Brittany Nicole 7/14/98 step-daughter
Emma Kay 4/9/03
Michael Lawrence 7/24/07 
Lauren003
on 1/26/09 11:21 am - , NC
Hi Shari! I know it's not under the best cir****tances but I'm excited for you that you got to have plastics! Let us know how everything went. I know how scary asthma can be in a child. My daughter has it too and seeing her terrified from not being able to catch her breath is a horrible, helpless feeling. I'm glad that they're getting proactive while he's so young though. I'm envious that y'all are going to Disney World! You're going to have a great time there with your family and new bod. My MIL said that when I get down to my goal weight she would take our family as an incentive.  Guess I need to come up with a number instead of just "less squishy". Take care!

Lauren

Confucius say: Man who smoke pot choke on handle

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views