Hi I had surgery in march of 2006! Really would like some friends!!!

lizzeymilor
on 7/13/08 2:12 am - Fresno, CA
Hi Everyone I havent been in here in along time I had surgery on 03/10/06 I started at 310 I am now 167 to 160 im 5ft.8in. an went from a size 28 to size ranging depending on the maker 6-12 an a medium in shirt. I was wondering if any one out there would like to be my friend? an I was wondering how others eating issues are now 2 years out?
jannineh99
on 7/13/08 11:02 pm - Melrose, MA
Hi my name is Jannine...I will surely be your friend....Welcome to the Marcher 2006 boards..the board has been very quiet recently but there are alwalys people lurking around checking the board daily....everyone is probably out and about enjoying the new energy they have from doing such a great job on their own journey's....my surgery was on March 6th, 2006 I weighed in at 357 lbs and now weigh 167...I am 5'7 ...my size ranges from 8-13/14 depending on the maker...I am hoping all that will change when I have the Tummy tuck done...my surgeon is sure he will be taking between 10-12 lbs of excess skin from my tummy so that should help with the difference in the sizes....my eating habits are basically like this...breakfast 3 scrambled eggs with mexican cheese right around 9am..then about 12 chicken and greek salad about 2pm protein drink 6pm supper usually protein (chicken) veggies and then about 8pm snack either protein drink or protein bar....my calorie intake between 1400-1600 per day depending on how long I work out at the gym....I think that is enough info for now....feel free to email me if you like....I have a great resource of recipes if you need some ideas to change up some meals...Hope you have a great day and don't for get to Jannine 357/167/TT
lizzeymilor
on 7/14/08 2:32 am - Fresno, CA
Thank you so much for replying:-D ! Wow Your weight loss is amazing!!! I would love some recipes. I have been having a hard time with knowing how to eat healthy . I would like to to drop 5-7lbs. Just for comfort in my clothes. I no I'm not eating healthy an part of of it is stress an being lazy so I grab a banana alot an run. I cant drink protein drinks or eat protein bars because they make me dump everytime. Weird huh! thank you so much I really dont have any support with this stuff or someone I can get advice from. My friends dont get it cuz they havent had the surgery. An they all think I look great. But I no I need to get my eating right!! I just dont no how to ! Wow years an years of dieting an I dont know what to do!? Any way hope to here from you! How are you doing? are you excited about your tummy tuck? I would be! an nervous ! Surgey never fun. But the results will be worth it! I hope your having a blessed day! Liz
Lauren003
on 7/17/08 2:49 am - , NC
Absolutely! Because of my family's schedules I don't get to hop on as often as I'd like but I will certainly be your friend. My name is Lauren (the nic is because my dad used to call me Lauren Lu Lu) and I have discovered that if I work out less than 3 times a week at the gym I stall or gain. Mentally, not a good realization. I started out at 491 and I'm sitting at 198 now and have gone from size 9x clothing (not sure what the number is) to a 12/14 on the bottom and medium on top. I still find myself turning sideways to try to fit through aisles if someone is standing there or hesitating when my husband wants to go on a hike with the family even though I *know* I can do it. Eating has been a struggle. Actually, it's overeating that's the struggle, not eating. I've taken to grazing which screws up my water intake which messes with my weight loss. Ugly, I tell ya! How are you doing with your eating and exercise? Have you met your goal weight?
luckycat1
on 7/18/08 4:03 am - Cincinnati, OH
welcome. I started out at 362 (I am 5'6") and currently I am at 132.9. This is NOT a good weight for me I am trying actuallyor should I say I have to gain weight Who would have ever thought that I would be told to gain weight. Congrats on your weight loss
miminjoey
on 7/22/08 12:39 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
HI! I started my journey at 315+ (not sure of how big I was wouldn't get on a scale after I hit 315) The day of surgery I was at 278 and I bounce from 160 to 170 and I am 5' 9" i was in a 24 and i wear from a 6 to 10 depening on the maker as well..i am a small on top...lost all my boobs LOL! I don't even come close to eatting like I should..i am moving in 8 days and when I get into my new house I plan on hitting the gym and keeping track of my calories...I want to be sure to stay at a healthy weight I went through too much to screw it up now. we don't post like we use to here but we all do lurk
(deactivated member)
on 9/13/08 7:37 am - Chesterfield, MO
Hi to everyone as well.  I don't think I have ever posted on this board, but I post on the grad board from time to time.  I have been beating myself up lately thinking I had gained weight.  I am a lightweight, starting at about 244 and getting to 162 at the lowest, but my diabetes is resolved, heart issues gone, cholesterol normal now, etc., so I am healthy, and that was my concern,  At any rate, I went back in my Fit Day records and saw that I weighed 168 on Sept. 1 2006, Sept 1 2007 and Sept 1 2008 - exactly the same (I weigh the first day of every month "officially")  I wear a 12-14, which I haven't worn since I was 8 or 10 years old, and I don't look too bad when clothed - LOL.  I guess I am starting to  think this is my weight - my set point, if you will.  I am 52, and I think that my feeling of gaining has more to do with my middle age spread - which is completely normal, so I am told.  I am large-busted, and more of an apple shape, although I was amazed at how much of my stomach went away.

So I may just attempt to be more self-accepting at this point, attempt to eat a few fewer bad carbs and more protein, just to keep the balance, and stop obsessing about food and its effects.  I know I will always have to be vigilant - don't misunderstand - but I think I can now work on eating healthily and living!

Lizzey, I would love to be a friend.  Send me a message and we can email!

Barb
Sondra J. S.
on 12/7/08 12:26 am - Show Low, AZ
Heya, 

I had my surgery March 20th 2006 in Flagstaff Arizona, I was at 315-320 day of surgery and now I fluctuate from 190-220. ECH, my body, even at 170 was larger than I wanted it to be, I went from 26-28-30 to around 14-16. Sometimes lower sometimes higher, story of our lives right? I need to get back on track, I was doing really well all of last year and most of this year, but after I lost my job and my self-esteem went out the door  I started gaining weight, I have the plateau buster diet I'm gonna try. you can contact me anytime and I'll answer, and I hear ya on the not eating right part, I still have excess skin but don't have the money for a tummy tuck or the boob lift or butt lift,  so I sag a lot, which we all do for a time. I hope you have a wonderful day!!!! 

Sondra
315/220/170

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views