Updated pics in my profile

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 6/29/08 1:27 am
Okay, guys I'm at 179 and now when I look at pics I can see what everyone has been telling me, but I still don't honestly feel that 179 is low enough for 5'2" tall. I think I would feel more comfortable around 150-160. Whats your take on it. The surgeons goal was 135 and my original goal was for me was 115. I realize now that is either not attainable or just too low.
Rick A.
on 6/29/08 10:32 am - Far Northern, CA
Hi, I think you look GREAT. Isn't it secretly nice nought to be the biggest person in the room? My thought are not to worry so much about the number. If you are health and happy and what ever number the scale might say you have won the race. Thanks for sharing your success with us. Life is great, Rick
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 6/29/08 12:43 pm
Thanks Rick, but do really think I am where I should stay? I feel like I should lose more in the lower half. I carry a lot of weight in my legs. I know the pics don't show it, but I still have canklets.
Rick A.
on 6/29/08 3:59 pm - Far Northern, CA
Clearly, you do not think you are where you want to end up, so push on. We all carry our weight differently. I think the hard part is to loose weight in a specific area of our body. I know we can firm some things up, but I don't know about "body sculpting". Good luck with your continued success. Rick
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 6/29/08 4:13 pm
Thanks for understanding my thoughts.
Stephanie Smiles
on 6/30/08 2:34 am - My Town, NH
You look amazing! It's difficult to say what each of us should weigh. When I started this journey, I wanted to reach 160. That's about normal for someone who is 5' 7". I now know that will never happen! In fact, it will be a miracle for me to be 199 or less. I know that I'm okay with where I am now at 207ish. I do think I need to get below 200. I'll keep working on achieving that goal. I try not to focus too much on the numbers each day and instead think about how I feel. Do I feel healthy? Can I tell a difference in how I feel when I exercise? Did I eat too much so that I feel too full? That's how I measure. You've done a great job! Hugs, Stephanie
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 6/30/08 4:44 am
Yes, I agree with you and don't feel as good as I'd like to. I especially feel that I have more road to travel when I can't get into 8/10 pants but can get into 3/5 jr. petite blouses. My legs are a continuous reminder that I haven't gotten there yet. I know it will be a difficult battle since I have lymphedemia and the more I lose the better under control it will be.
Lauren003
on 7/9/08 10:31 am - , NC
Nanette, you look wonderful! It's hard to imagine what a good weight would be (especially considering lymphedema as well) but I have a feeling that you'll know it when you see it. I think you look just fantastic as you are.
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 7/9/08 3:16 pm
As much as I enjoy reading posts like yours, I know in my heart of hearts that I weigh too much for my height and bone structure. I really appreciate your response.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views