WE DID IT!

Stephanie Smiles
on 6/18/08 10:39 pm - My Town, NH
Yup. It's done! I have FINALLY completed that elusive bachelor's degree. On Saturday, May 17th I graduated from Franklin Pierce University in Rindge, New Hampshire (pictures in profile). It was a wonderful day of celebration. It is the culmination of a twenty year journey that could not have been completed without the support of family, friends, current and former colleagues, and numerous fellow students. Most of all, I am grateful to my amazing husband Pete. His encouragement and support was invaluable. He washed many loads of laundry, cooked, cleaned, and gave me the "did you finish your homework" look more times than can be counted. Hence the subject line: WE did it! It truly was a group effort. I know that I enjoyed my graduation much more weighing 150 pounds less! I was confident walking across that stage and wasn't worried about my size. It's such a relief to simply live life! Thank you! Hugs, Stephanie
Rick A.
on 6/19/08 6:04 am - Far Northern, CA
Stephanie, I am very proud of you. You have worked hard and you deserve the degree you have earned. I'm also glad your husband was helpful to you along the way. It always is important to receive support when we go through life's challenges. It is also good to see your smiling face. Take care, I hope life continues to be good to you. Rick
Stephanie Smiles
on 6/22/08 11:39 pm - My Town, NH
Rick, thanks so much. It was a wonderful day and I'm very happy to be done! It's good to see your face as well. I hope you're surviving the heat! It's been beautiful here in the northeast. I spent the weekend in NYC with my nieces and I walked all over Manhattan. It's something I never could have done before surgery. I felt like a million bucks! Here's to health and happiness! Hugs, Stephanie
BelindaOBX
on 6/19/08 12:35 pm - Mount Gilead, NC
Congratualations on your great success. Belinda
Stephanie Smiles
on 6/22/08 11:40 pm - My Town, NH
Thanks Belinda!
jannineh99
on 6/23/08 7:24 am - Melrose, MA
Congrats...that is quite the accomplishment.....I am very proud of you..... Jannine
Stephanie Smiles
on 6/24/08 10:43 pm - My Town, NH
Thanks, Jannine. I'm pretty proud of myself!
Mary M.
on 6/29/08 3:42 am - Livonia, MI
Congrats!!!! That is so awesome. I keep plugging away for my degree and one day I will catch up with you! Good Job, Mary
Stephanie Smiles
on 6/30/08 2:35 am - My Town, NH
Thanks, Mary! Keep at it. It's so worthwhile. I promise! Hugs, Stephanie
Lauren003
on 7/9/08 10:43 am - , NC
WOOHOO!!! That is so cool Stephanie. I'm super proud of you!! As some say down here in the south, "You done good, girl." You'll have that diploma your whole life. There aren't many things that are as permanent as that degree you've earned. Good work, Stephanie.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views