protein supplement help

Shari B.
on 5/30/08 12:20 am - Roseville, MI
Hi, Ok, so in getting back to basics I realize I need to start the protein suppliments again. I love the Achieve one coffee drinks which I'm going to order some more of. I have to limit myself to one a day on those as they are on the high cost side too. I went to a local hospital and bought some HMR 70 shakes/puddings yesterday. Can anyone share with me a decent tasting protein mix that you have found maybe at Walmart, grocery store, GNC, online, etc. that may not be so expensive? For comparison sakes, the HMR 70 I bought was $35/box and one box has 18 packets. Thanks!!! Shari
jennb40
on 5/30/08 3:13 am - Nashua, NH
Hi Shari - I liked the Unjury....www.unjury.com - I used to buy the chocolate and vanilla and would mix it with the milk and then freeze until slushy state...ummmm good! It isn't too expensive. Congratulations on the birth of your son - glad he is doing ok. Good to hear from you again...Barbara
Shari B.
on 5/30/08 5:46 am - Roseville, MI
Thanks Barbara! I checked out the unjury website. I called the 800 number to see if they would send me a free sample, but they stopped doing that. I can order a sample for $1.75, but with shipping costs it almost makes more sense for me to buy one container. I was told they have 100% guarantee, so if I don't like it I can get a refund. I like your idea of freezing until slushy. Thank you, I'll try to post pictures of my little man soon. We are very blessed to have a healthy baby. take care,
luckycat1
on 5/31/08 5:48 am - Cincinnati, OH
I use vanilla and chocolate body fortress. a two pounf tub costs about 13 bucks at wal-mart and target. both taste o.k. I use the vanilla for my protein smoothies. mj
Shari B.
on 6/1/08 10:38 pm - Roseville, MI
Hi MJ, I'll check that out. Thanks!
jannineh99
on 6/5/08 9:10 am - Melrose, MA
Hi there Shari....congrats on the birth of your new son.....the protein drinks I use are by Designer Whey...you can purchased it at Trader Joes and @ Rite-Aid...they have the flavors of chocolate, dbl chocolate, strawberry, and french vanilla I love all of them except the Strawberry...it just was not strawberry enough for me..the other one I use is a new one I got from my chiropractore and it is made by: www.BioPharmaSci.com It is called NanProtein for a months supply I purchased it from my chiropractor for 45 dollars..but I do not use it all that often..... Hope the info is helpful...it is very tasty..I use the french vanilla Jannine
jannineh99
on 6/5/08 9:15 am - Melrose, MA
Shari.....here is the link to their website http://www.biopharmasci.com/patients/nanopro/default.asp Jannine
robinsaxton
on 6/5/08 11:27 pm - Columbia, MD
Hi Shari, Congratulations on your son and your success. I know you have gained some weight back but you have done very well! I think most of us completely understand the pace of life these days. I know for me life has been crazy. I am ready for some down time and it looks like I am finally going to get that this summer. Briefly anyway. I get some protein supplements from www.mydietshopz.com. They are a great place to order from. They are in Woodbridge, VA. If you call them they may be able to send you some samples in the mail. I like the protein bars and the hot chocolate. Not a huge fan of the shakes and puddings but most of the folks I know who have tried them love them. I don't like protein stuff anyway so most protein drinks are not good to me. You can do it! Keep working the plan. I am glad your doctor did some testing and didn't just assume you were eating too much. Take care. Hugs, Robin
Shari B.
on 6/16/08 9:44 am - Roseville, MI
hi Robin, Thanks so much for the encouragement. I'm on a mission to get back on track in several areas. My next appointment with my surgeon is on Monday the 23rd so we'll see how I'm doing and talk about the next egd he wants to do. Take care, hope to talk to you soon.
Shari B.
on 6/16/08 9:44 am - Roseville, MI
hi Robin, Thanks so much for the encouragement. I'm on a mission to get back on track in several areas. My next appointment with my surgeon is on Monday the 23rd so we'll see how I'm doing and talk about the next egd he wants to do. Take care, hope to talk to you soon.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views