Hello All!

Amy I.
on 4/14/08 6:59 am - KS
I am so sorry that I haven't kept in touch. My life has been crazy! My husband came home from Iraq in Sept. and I spent every moment with him. I just sent him back 3 weeks ago for another year! I now have the lonelies. Like I said crazy! I think that I now need to get back into the swing of things. I took 6 months off from running and the gym due to another hernia surgery. ( I don't want another one, mine get so large that they are the size of a small gratefruit.) I haven't gained, but I haven't lost anything either. I hover around 142, and am a size 4-6. ( depending on the designer) I am not at goal yet and was hopping to get there before my 2yr. But it just didn't happen. So tell me how is everyone else doing? I have missed everything! Amy I
RebekaA
on 4/14/08 3:42 pm - Inland Empire, CA
OMG girl! i don't know how you military wives do it! you poor thing! nice to see you back on the board though! Sorry to hear about your hernia! I've had some back problems to deal with too that have forced me to pull back from my workout routine But IMHO, you really don't need to lose another pound, you look great! nice to hear from you! R
Amy I.
on 4/15/08 2:40 am - KS
Rebeka Good to hear from you too! Summer is right aroung the corner and I want to be running again. I was up to 6 miles a day! Now I am just walking 4. You look great too, but I really like how I feel when I am working out. Hope your back problems don't hinder you too much! Amy I
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/14/08 10:39 pm - My Town, NH
Amy, big hugs to you! You're doing very well to maintain. Great job! I'm still very far from goal, but hanging in there. Thanks for checking in. It's great to hear from you. Hugs, Stephanie
Amy I.
on 4/15/08 2:43 am - KS
Stephanie! Thanks I need all the hugs that I can get! Maintaining is toooooo hard! Would love to be done with it! But that will NEVER happen! Good to hear from you! Amy I
robinsaxton
on 4/14/08 11:29 pm - Columbia, MD
Hi Amy! So great to hear from you. I haven't been on the site in probably 2 or almost 3 months myself. So much has been happening that I just haven't had time to give to the site. For awhile there it was all I could do to keep my head above water. I began supporting another manager in November and then he took on extra duties in January. That meant my workload doubled and it took me a couple of months to get adjusted and get everything "in control". Then home has been crazy too. Art & I had some trying times at the beginning of the year and we are now working some things out. We just celebrated 20 years! Every couple goes through tough times and we had a couple of difficult months. It happens. I turned to food for comfort (and energy from the severe lacking of energy due to my emotions keeping me from getting good rest). So I gained 10lbs. I am working hard to get that off and another 5 at least. For awhile I kept telling myself that I didn't need to lose any more and that I couldn't lose anymore. But now I believe that I can and should lose a little more, esp what I gained. I would love to get into a 10 but to be in a solid 12 (even in jeans/skirts) would be so wonderful. I wear a 12/14 depending on the material/style/make but I would love to give up 14's altogether. I think you have done wonderful maintaining your weight - and not really exercising too. That is awesome. It shows you really have made lifestyle changes in your eating that will last you a lifetime. I am sure with getting back to exercising you will lose those last lbs you want to lose. Stay in touch! I'll try to do the same. Sorry your hubby is back in Iraq. We will keep him and your family in our prayers daily! Hugs, Robin
Amy I.
on 4/15/08 2:49 am - KS
Robin! WOW, you have had a lot on your plate! Hang in there! I will be celebrating my 19yr wedding anniversery in May! Long time, somedays. Keep working at the weight, it is an everyday thing and might I add that some days are better than others! Pick yourself back up and dust yourself off and keep going. That is what I tell myself every time I eat something that I shouldn't. Hope to chat at you more soon Amy I
Lauren003
on 5/22/08 1:26 pm - , NC
19 years?? Are you serious?! You hardly look older than that! Thank you for your and your husband's selflessness. He is my hero.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views