Any help for the prodigal daughter/sister out there?

Tamara L.
on 4/6/08 9:16 am - Winston-Salem, NC
Hello all my Marcher Siblings out there! What's a girl to do when she's gained back 12 pounds and slipped back into bad food choices and little exercise? Yes, yes, yes....I KNOW what I should do--but my mind is a powerful persuader when it comes to numbing the stressful issues of life. It's also easier to skip taking the time to think about what food needs to be consumed. The empty calories and "slider" foods go down so easy by just grabbing and not thinking. Alot of times not even being hungry--just being in the habit of eating a little something tasty. The tool still works by only allowing small portions--but boy oh boy does it matter WHAT that small portion consists of. I found chocolate and pretzels and carbs, and even sodas. I am so ashamed that I have let myself loose control again and slip back into a version of my former self. Yes, I have come a long way by loosing 100 pounds--but I still need to propel forward and lose about 40 more! Am I alone in these struggles? What will it take to get the control back in my life? I'm frustrated and embarassed.
Rick A.
on 4/6/08 12:14 pm - Far Northern, CA
Tamara, Nothing to be embarassed about, guess what you are human. We all have struggles to deal with. I have bounced up 8 to 10 pounds since my lowest weight. Like you, I know when I am doing the wrong things. One thing that helped me put my head back in a better place was doing the 5 day pouch test diet a couple of months ago. It helped to remind me of the rules and it put me in a better place. I even lost about 8 pounds. Admitedly, I have gained at least half of those back, but at least I know I can still lose when I put my mind to it and make the committment needed. Thanks for checking in. I hope you find some solace in knowing you are not alone. Take care of yourself, Life is great, Rick
Tamara L.
on 4/6/08 1:56 pm - Winston-Salem, NC
Awe....thanks Rick! I am going to start the 5 day Pouch Test tomorrow and get back to the basics. My surgery went so well, and I've never had an ounce of trouble--sometimes it even seems surreal that I even had the surgery! I'm getting excited now to rediscover the joy of being in control. Thanks so much for the encouraging words and comradarie!
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/6/08 6:08 pm - My Town, NH
Tamara, you are definitely not alone! The scale reflects my food choices each week. Also, my committment to exercise is reflected back at me every time I set foot on the scale. I too still need to lose about forty pounds. It's a daily struggle to stay on track by eating well and exercising. I try to tell myself to take one day at a time rather than focusing on weeks and months. It's the only thing that keeps me sane! Keep fighting the battle! Hugs, Stephanie
jannineh99
on 4/7/08 7:04 am - Melrose, MA
Tamara....you are definately not alone...I have found chocolate as well....and my house seems to breed the stuff...lol....I know what yo mean about confort eating...too....I have found myself making those bad choices as well...I had to give myself a kick in the pants and get it together ( not saying that is what you need...just want you to know you are not alone...) I have been fighting with the same 10 lbs for the past 6 months...and have been getting very frustrated....but I have to remember that I am in control not the food...I hope things get better for you.....I am trying to do the WDYET post...maybe that will help I know if I am posting it there I do stick to it pretty well..good luck... Jannine 357/162/157/TT
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views