Hey guys, I did it.

Rick A.
on 3/16/08 3:53 am - Far Northern, CA
I finally got the nerve to go down the zip line. I can't say I wasn't scared, but I am so glad I did it. Next time it won't be so scarry and it really was a lot of fun. The last two weeks I have been helping a brother cut down trees and burn brush on his property. It has been so amazing to climb up and down the hills and not be out of breath. As a side benefit I also lost 4 pounds during the last two weeks. I must say I really love my new life and the healthy benefits I now enjoy. I got to cross another thing off of my "to do" list that I didn't even know would ever be an option. I hope all of you are finding new adventures in your new lives. Life is great, Rick
jannineh99
on 3/16/08 4:08 am - Melrose, MA
Way to go on the loss of 4lbs....btw...what is a zip line Jannine
Rick A.
on 3/16/08 6:16 am - Far Northern, CA
Jannine, A zip line is a cable stretched between two points. They have two zip lines on their property. The first one is about 600 feet and is hooked to two trees and goes over a canyon. You are about 100 feet off the ground at the highest point. It takes about 28 seconds to go that distance. The second zip line is less sloped and so it goes slower. It covers about 550 feet and is about the same height off the ground. It was a bit scarry and took me two tries before I got the nerve to do it, but I am glad I did. If you look on youtube.com and put in zip line you can see them in action. Take care, Rick
RebekaA
on 3/16/08 6:41 am - Inland Empire, CA
Oh you little fart! losing 4 more pounds! well good for you! i've always admired your dedication and commitment to your exercise regime and your rewards are well deserved! My folks live in Costa Rica (we're from there,) and zip lining is top of my to do list for when we go visit them. It looks crazy and amazing!
Rick A.
on 3/16/08 12:52 pm - Far Northern, CA
Thanks Rebeka, You really need to try the zip line. It is a little scary, but well worth it. Costa Rica sounds beautiful, maybe I need to put it on my future travel wish list. Take care, Rick
luckycat1
on 3/16/08 10:41 am - Cincinnati, OH
you amaze me. I would be scared to death. glad you had a good time. mj
Rick A.
on 3/16/08 12:54 pm - Far Northern, CA
Hi, I never said I wasn't scared to death. I was, but it was really neat. Once I was hooked up and pondering my fate my oldest brother encouraged me (actually pushed me) down the line. I'm glad it's over, but I will do it again. Take care, Rick
jennb40
on 3/16/08 10:07 pm - Nashua, NH
Well way to go guy! Too bad there isn't a zip line between CA and New England...you could "zip" over for a visit! I wonder if I rode a zip line if I would lose 4 pounds???? Probably by throwing up!!!! Glad you are having such fun!
Rick A.
on 3/17/08 3:22 am - Far Northern, CA
Thanks Barbara, I didn't have time to think about throwing up. It was over much too quickly. It sure was fun though. Take care, Rick
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/16/08 10:32 pm - My Town, NH
YAY RICK! I'm so proud of you! I knew you could do it. I bet it feels great to cross that off your list. Way to go on the four lost pounds as well. I'm sure all of that exercising while cutting down trees paid off in a big four-pound way! This is a great way to start my week! Hugs, Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views