Day 5 of the pseudo-Medifast diet

Sheryl J.
on 3/11/08 11:42 pm - Madison, WI
RNY on 03/01/06 with
I can't believe it's been nearly two months since I updated here. Wow. A lot has happened since then. We went to Costa Rica Feb 4-14. It was amazing. I walked around a lot an didn't eat too badly. Pam fell on the ice last Sunday (March 2) and broke her wrist. She has a hard splint on it up to the elbow and is going for a recheck on Friday. Sparky tore his left ACL. In the process of doing a pre-surgery workup they discovered that he possibly has Cushing's Disease. He is going in today for an orthopedic evaluation and a third test to narrow down the possiblities for his elevated alk phos level. I decided there is simply too much going on to add one more major stressor so I am postponing my PS indefinitely. I feel good about this decision. When Pam went to the doctor last Monday, she discovered that she weighed more than 300 pounds. That was the last straw for her. When I weight myself on Saturday I was 142 - a new post-surgery high. That was kind of the last straw for me. On Friday we ordered the Medifast package. On Sunday we starting a pseudo-Medifast diet - logging things and using Slim Fast shakes and bars in place of the Medifast ones. At my weigh-in this morning, I had lost five pounds! Pam had lost seven. So I guess it's really working for us. It is so much easier to be on the same plan together. RNY 3/1/2006 218/208/137/110 - 4'11"
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/12/08 5:06 am - My Town, NH
Congrats on your five pound loss. That's great! It's definitely easier to be on one plan together than two separate plans. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views