Springing forward

Rick A.
on 3/9/08 8:14 pm - Far Northern, CA
I'm sure by now you have moved all of your clocks ahead an hour. This is the time of year when we get to spring ahead. Don't look at this as losing an hour. We have gained an hour of daylight later in the day. Now we have more oportunity to get out there and move our bodies. Winter is always a hard time of year for me. I hate the shorter days and the lack of sunlight. Now is the time of year that I look forward to. It is easier for me to get my walking done when there is an extra hour of daylight in the afternoon. For some of you this will mean you have time to go to the gym on your way home and still get home before it is dark when it becomes easier to talk youself out of leaving the house again. Use this time to your best advantage. Put a spring in your step. This time of year can also be used as a time of recommitment. Look into your self and find the things you need to work on. Maybe it is taking your vitamins, drinking your water, protein first and foremost or exercising. Work on just one of these things for two weeks that tackle the next obstacle in your way to completing your journey successfully. This is "our" month, let's make the most of it. Life is great, Rick
~ Stylz ~
on 3/9/08 11:47 pm - North of Boston, MA
Rick. I'm so in that winter blues boat with you! Even though it was tough getting out of bed today because of the 1 hour sleep loss, the sun is out and will be out an hour later BF sent 3 tulip pots to me (maybe thats a sign he doesn't want to see me moping around from the awful winter anymore? ) either way everyone has commented on how springy my area looks so hopefully they've helped more than just me turn from a grump to an optimist that springs almost here!! I really need to get in control with those vitamins I dont know why I fall off that wagon so much, but nothing good is going to come from it so its something I need to fix!! hope you're having a great day and enjoy that extra hour of sunshine
Rick A.
on 3/9/08 11:52 pm - Far Northern, CA
Hi, I really enjoy the spring bulb flowers. It is always a sign of good things ahead. I won't get to enjoy all of the sunshine as I am on my first graveyard shift of the week, so I will sleep through part of it, but there will still be some left when I get up. Have a great "springy" day. Rick
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/10/08 6:29 am - My Town, NH
Spring just can't get here fast enough for me. What a difference! I used to dread spring. Spring meant fewer clothes to hide behind. It also meant warmer temperatures and I hated those. Now I can't wait for warmer weather. I can't wait to be outside. I can't wait to do stuff! Bring on spring! Hugs, Stephanie
Rick A.
on 3/10/08 12:43 pm - Far Northern, CA
Stephanie, I agree, I am so tired of being cold all of the time. I really look forward to the summer months. I used to just suffer in the heat and sweat all of the time, but not any longer. It is really difficult to work up a good sweat. I guess that is because there is so much less of us. Have a great day, Rick
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views