2 year check up

miminjoey
on 3/5/08 6:36 am - Fort Bragg, NC
went horribly! I was up to 168...so gained actually no weight from last year, but I was down to 158 before Christmas. my blood work said my iron was slightly low, nothing major everything else was right where it should be but I am severly anemic. normally this is from your iron being low, but I have all kinds of kindey problems, infact i have very bad infection now they gave me a shot of antibiotics, and some to take at home. My doctor hopes that the infection is causing the anemia. I am dumping protein like crazy, so he told me to back off on the protein, take all the meds, increase my fluids and come back in 2 weeks. if after the infection has cleared and my iron is at a normal level I am still anemic , we would then have to worry about chronic kidney disease, espcially since I've already had one bought with kidney failure. I was warned this might be a problem after having the surgery because of lack of hydration and only having 1 working kidney...was just hoping I would be further out before it became a problem. Thankfully we already know my sister Susan is a perfect match should I need a kidney transplant. So anyway...not the best of news...but it could have been worse.
Rick A.
on 3/5/08 1:36 pm - Far Northern, CA
Mimi, I'm sorry you are having all of these problems, but I am glad you found out now so you and your doctor can do something about it. Try to follow the doctors guidance as best you can and let us know what you find out in a couple of weeks. Take care, Rick
jennb40
on 3/5/08 8:27 pm - Nashua, NH
So sorry to hear about your problems Mimi...but hang in there and do as the doctor says and hopefully you will get better. Let us know how it is going...
Stephanie Smiles
on 3/6/08 10:54 pm - My Town, NH
Mimi, I'm glad you are under a doctor's care. Hopefully they can take care of your infection quickly. I hope you're drinking tons of water to keep yourself hydrated! Keep us posted on your progress. Hugs, Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views