Am I wrong to think this?

Patricia R.
on 2/22/08 9:11 pm - New Oxford, PA
Hi all. Something has been bothering me for a bit and I felt that I needed to share this with others. I went to a Support Group this past thrusday which has been my first in about year. I was sitting there listening to what everyone had to say, their stories and dos and donts. I began to feel that I was an outsider and that I had become so different from everyone else that I probably should not be there. Let me get you a small background........In the past year, I struggled with eating disorders and a complete obession with food and my weight. I was weighing myself like 3-4 times a day and would punish myself if I gain an ounce or didnt lose enough. I have since gone through therapy and things are well. However......I can't help but feel that I have gotten off track. I have gained 23 pounds over the last year and have been holding at my current weight for about 5-6 months. I dont exercise much due to lack of time but I am pretty active in my everyday life. My eating habits have been less than stellar. I am almost 2 years out and can eat about 1-2 cups of food depending on the consistency. I am sure that due to the bulimia that I may have stretched my pouch to a point that has aloud me to eat so much. I eat carbs. Yes, I said it!!!! I eat carbs and I love them. Pasta, bread, etc. My pouch does not limit me to anything that I want. In the support group, everyone is anti-carb, low fat, low sugar, get your protein, water, exercise and the this goes on. For the most part, I am happy where I am at. I certainly wouldn't mind losing another 20-30 pounds but with my history I feel that if I do I am only putting my health in jeopardy, as I have the fear that I will starve myself again. My husband, family and friends all support me in this and feel that there is nothing wrong with my habits as long as I am maining my current weight. Is this wrong?
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/24/08 12:28 am - My Town, NH
Hi there. I'm glad you popped in to share with us. No one can tell you what is right or wrong for you. Each of us is an individual with different struggles and different paths to success. I personally am not anti-carb and believe that moderation is the key to most of life. Certainly, there are things I wish I was more consistent about (exercise, more protein, etc.). But those things are merely challenges I continue to work on. You, and only you, can define success for yourself. If you are happy and healthy at your current weight, how can that be anything but success??? True health incorporates our bodies, minds, and spirits. Each of these components work together to create one healthy individual. If your body is healthy, your mind is healthy, and your spirit is healthy...I'd say you are doing very well! Those are just my two (or three!) cents. Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views