Monday,Monday

Rick A.
on 2/18/08 12:03 am - Far Northern, CA
Good moning.The weekend is behind us (litterally,on some of us) This is hwhere I tend to say "OK,NOW I will watch what I eat and move more this week." This has been my cycle for over59 years and IT DOES NOT WORK. I weigh 203 lbs and at 5" am built like an eggplant. One of the things the type of surgery you have all had,has shown me is- it HAS to be a life-changing,life-long commitment. This week,I hope to let you see a different perspective...a supportive spouse that did not have the surgery but should have. Every one of you should be very proud of the journey you chose to take. IT WAS NOT EASY...IT MAY NEVER BE EASY,but oh, the rewards! (a little secret:when he was larger,Rick tended to be a little shy and uncertain. But look at him now,encouraging,supporting others,speaking up at meetings. And the walking!) NOTHING keeps him from walking-an escape,a meditation,to rid frustratio ,clear his head...all tose things...every day. That committment again. Each of you have it,in different ways. Use it.Let it build you up. Don't wait for a Monday to start overand get back on track. Thanks for listening Irene
jennb40
on 2/18/08 4:32 am - Nashua, NH
Hi Irene, thanks for taking on these duties this week. I am in Nashville this week visiting my son and his family and am enjoying spoiling my 2 grandchildren. You are right about Monday...you can justify every weekend by saying..I will start on Monday, but when Monday comes you say - well maybe next Monday...a vicious cycle. Now that we are almost 2 years off - we can easily come back to those same thoughts. I don't think it will ever be easy - with or without the surgery. I wish I had more enthusiasm about exercise, but unfortunately at 57 years of age, I just can't seem to build up the necessary enthusiasm...unlike Rick who is much more motivated than me. Anyway - thanks for these thought provoking ideas and maybe NEXT Monday when I am back in New Hampshire I can try to get fired up about exercising! Thanks again for taking on the posting responsibilities....since this is my vacation week, I am not getting up early and engaging my brain into motivational messages! Have a good day...Barbara
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/18/08 12:21 pm - My Town, NH
Hi Irene! Greetings from sunny Florida. Well, at least I think it will be sunny. It was dark when I got off the plane so I'm not 100% certain it will be sunny. But it better be! I've had enough snow for a while. I know what you mean about Monday being the day to begin anew. I always say that about my diet, exercise, and vitamins. It's so much easier to be in the work day routine than it is on the weekends. I'm particularly bad when I travel. So thank you! Logging on and reading your message has reminded me to take my vitamins that I missed today while flying. So I'll take them now and I won't have missed a day. Thanks so much for taking over for Rick this week. I'll look forward to your posts and to responding to them as well. Hugs, Stephanie
~ Stylz ~
on 2/21/08 2:04 am - North of Boston, MA
hi Irene, thanks for being our motivational support! I always enjoy listeing to people who haven't had surgery that are optimistic and supportive! I completely agree with your comment and appreciate your kind words about our journey. It hasn't been an easy road for us jsut because we had the surgery. Its given us the willpower to say no to foods or helps us decide in better food decisions but we have to be the ones to get motivated with exercise, remember to drink and take vitamins and eat the right foods to help the weight come off. Rick has been amazing in his walking and his posts are so positive always. You have a great hubby and I'm sure you both support eachother well!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views