Happy Friday!

Stephanie Smiles
on 2/14/08 9:32 pm - My Town, NH
Good Friday morning Marchers! Today is the end of another work week. And, once again, I have neglected to exercise at the gym this week. Sigh. I am fully aware of how important exercise is. I know that I won't see the scale move until I get back into a routine. Knowing all of this doesn't seem to be helping me get my butt to the gym! So, I'm asking for advice. How do you incorporate exercise into your life? What do you do to motivate yourself to actually implement your exercise plan? I just get into a good rhythm and then I go on a trip or something that throws it all out the window and I can't seem to get back into my routine. I'll do well this weekend with Saturday and Sunday time at the gym. But, Monday I leave for Florida for four days and that will be that. I will get some walking on the beach! I can't wait to feel the sun on my skin! Everyone have a great weekend! Hugs, Stephanie
Rick A.
on 2/15/08 2:04 am - Far Northern, CA
Stephanie, Exercise is such a nasty word. I don't look at it that way, I just look at it as I am going to go for a walk. Sometimes I don't want to go, but I always feel better when I get home. It amazes me that the times I want to go the least is when I see something or think something on my walk that really inspires me. It's hard to look at all of this as routine and habits, but that is what they are. It is so easy to let one day of non activity turn in to two or a week or a month. So the answer is to just do it today and then do it again tomorrow and so on and so on. Sounds easy I know - but we know that life can get in the way of our best intentions. Don't beat yourself us, just do your best. Have a great weekend and enjoy your time in Florida. Life is great, Rick
RebekaA
on 2/15/08 1:06 pm - Inland Empire, CA
that's ok, tmw is another day! my dh travels for work also, so i know how hard it can be! he normally will try to walk at lunch or at night--but not necessarily the safest thing for a woman alone! our cir****tances are very different, (I stay home with my dd (almost 4,) so it's mostly just about getting away from her!) lol, totally kidding! My motivation is that that one hour is pretty much the only ME time I get all day! The only quiet time I can devote to myself where nobody needs me! that and i have great music on my Ipod to work out to and that invigorates me. have a great trip!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views