Found: New Healthy Treasure at TJ's

RebekaA
on 2/11/08 10:12 am - Inland Empire, CA
I don't know if many of you have a Trader Joe's market in your area, but I found a new delicious HEALTHY treasure this weekend that I had to share! I would have never found it--it's the evil BREAD (aka CARB!) aisle which I usually avoid , but I passed by and saw these FIBER CAKES. They look like little muffins--hard, flat, little bran muffins, but I've been trying to get more fiber in, and it wouldn't be the first time I had to throw out a "health food" experiment, so I got them and I LOVE them! I don't know if it's b/c I've been "real" muffin deprived for so long or b/c I actually like bran muffins, but they really satisfy. They come in Apple/Cranberry and Blueberry, Zen Bakery makes them. Here are the stats: Cals 80 Fat 1.5 total carbs 22 (subtract fiber = only 9gms) fiber 13!! sugar 2 protein 5 AMAZING! They're even Vegan, for those who care. The texture *might* turn you off, if you don't like a very dense, bran like texture, but if you want an easy way to meet half your daily fiber requirement in, they may be worth a try. They're really filling. Hope you enjoy! http://www.traderjoes.com/
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/12/08 1:02 am - My Town, NH
I just made bran muffins this weekend and forgot how much I love them. I'm going to do a search on these and see if they sell them anywhere else. We don't have a Trader Joe's anywhere near us. Maybe I can find them somewhere! Thanks for the tip! Hugs, Stephanie
luckycat1
on 2/13/08 3:27 am - Cincinnati, OH
thanks for sharing. that is a lot of fiber!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views