MARCHers and goal!

jennb40
on 2/4/08 7:29 pm - Nashua, NH
" I always wanted to be a procrastinator, but I never got around to it.".....Author Unknown Are you a "Chronic Procrastinator"? If you are like most people, you've probably put off more than one task that feels daunting. The problem with delaying action is that it often adds to your stress level. Procrastination can become a habit, and the longer you put something off the harder it becomes to get started. Here are a few ideas that may help. 1. SAY GOODBYE TO EXCUSES....Make a commitment to giving up the excuses that give you permission to put things off. (If I don't take my vitamins today...I'll get to them tomorrow.) What gave you permission to not take your vitamins today? 2. PLAN EARLY AND OFTEN....Break big goals into smaller, easily attainable gaols. (Ok, so I want find 30-45 minutes for exercise today.) Come on MARCHers...you can do a 15 minute brisk walk on break this morning and 15 this afternoon. Plan early this morning to do at least 15 mintues this morning and 15 this afternoon. Hooray if you do more...that is your goal! 3. DEVELOP A TOOL KIT...Write a daily "to-do" list. Take advantage of time management and goal setting tools such as electronic scheduling programs or even sticky notes. Go back to #2 - set up an electronic "meeting" on your computer today to remind you to take a 15 minute walk this morning and this afternoon. Leave yourself a sticky note to make sure you take your vitamins. Put 8 small sticky notes on your computer or bathroom mirror and every 8 oz of water you drink...take off the sticky note until they are all gone. Save them and put them up tomorrow and the next day until the sticky runs out! The simplest way to overcome procrastination is to take action. Take your first step today! Hugs to all...Barbara
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/5/08 4:53 am - My Town, NH
Where has the day gone??? I've been in meetings all day long. UGH! I leave myself sticky notes all the time. I swear everything conspires to keep me from the gym during the week. This morning I was planning on going. We had snow and then freezing rain and I knew it would take me longer to drive to work. What is typically a 30 minute drive was 90 minutes. No gym for me. At least I've been good with my vitamins this week! Have a great day (or what is left of it.)! Hugs, Stephanie
Rick A.
on 2/5/08 12:00 pm - Far Northern, CA
HiBarbara, I used to be a procrastinator, but along the way I guess I grew up. That's my easy explanation. I think it is about responsibility and why put something off when you can do it and be done with it? Seems pretty simple to me. Have a great day, Rick
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views