MARCHers and goal!

jennb40
on 2/3/08 7:35 pm - Nashua, NH
" You are a farmer, your thoughts are you seeds, your words and your actions water them. What are you growing today?"....Joseph Araza Well MARCHers - I write this in the mood of gloom....not because of you - my dear fellow MARCHers - but because of the loss of the Patriots in the Super Bowl. How depressing! But...we must go on - there is always next year! And congratulations are in order for all you New York Giant fans! So I will be the farmer today and send you a few seeds and your action can water then! This is what we will grow today.... 1. Breakfast - according to an article I read in Good Housekeeping magazine..."a well-balanced meal at the start of the day is a key part of any stay-slim plan. Research shows that breakfast eaters typcially consume about 100 fewer calaories during the course of the day and weigh less than those who forgo food in the morning. This strategy works in the long run, too. Nearly 80% of participants in the National Weight Control Registry, which charts dieters who have kept off 30 pounds for a year or longer, have breakfast every day. An extra perk of eating a nutrient-dense morning meal: It supplies glucose to your brain to help you think clearly and function optimally until lunchtime." 2. Calcium - no days off! Again from a Good Housekeeping article..."Skip your calcium supplement every now and then and you could be missing out on big benefits. When Australian researchers reviewed 17 studies, they found that people who consistently took calcium reduced their risk of bone fractures by 24%. But if supplement users missed doses more than 20% of the time, they cut the payoff - by half. You get the most protection by taking at least 1200 milligrams of calcium and 800 IU of vitamin D, the researchers found, BUT only when you do it daily. So MARCHers - water your seeds that I have planted on you today. Eat breakfast and take your calcium. If you forget your calcium only 1 day during the week, that is almost a 20% reduction and you don't want any broken bones. And since I am planting seeds, how about drinking 8 glasses of water today and do just a little bit of exercise. They say that 2 or 3 15-minutes doses of exercise spread out during the day is as good as 30-45 consecutive minutes. So I think we can all get in 15 minutes of some type of exercise today and can do it 2 or 3 times. Anybody can take 15 minutes and go on a brisk walk this morning and again this afternoon. So now that I have planted the ideas, you can water your seeds and grow into that healthy, trim person you want to become or stay! Hugs to all, Barbara
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/3/08 9:47 pm - My Town, NH
I'm drowning my sorrows in hot tea this morning. What the heck happened anyway??? No amount of yelling at the television helped the situation. I tried. I really tried! Thanks for these seeds! I've had my breakfast. (Stephanie is a very cranky girl without breakfast!) And, I've taken my morning dose of calcium. I was a good girl and went to the gym both Saturday and Sunday. Today is my day off but I'm determined to go tomorrow morning. I have lots of running around to do on campus so hopefully that will help. Do we weigh more when we are depressed? I know I FEEL heavier! Hugs, Stephanie
jennb40
on 2/4/08 8:33 pm - Nashua, NH
Yesterday was like a funeral going on at work...all sad Patriot fans! Keep eating that breakfast girlfriend and taking that calcium! AND....I don't think you weigh more when you are depressed, because that would mean you weigh less when you are happy and I know you and I are more happy than depressed...so you may have to nix that theory! Barb
~ Stylz ~
on 2/4/08 12:30 am - North of Boston, MA
morning marchers... crappy game last night, they just didn't have it!! it was sad to watch bradys interview taking the blame, but at least he stepped up and said it. I think Belichick jinxed the team by wearing a red (new) sweatshirt (oh and mumbles mention of a parade before the team even arrived in AZ?? ).. what the heck happened to the old grey one?? congrats Giants fans! Just finished my breakfast, I started soaking my instant oatmeal in milk around 7, eat it around 9 and it seems so much creamier. Thanks for your point on calcium this is something I REALLY have to work on I can't wait to see my labs in March, I've been tired lately and dont know if its just recovering from surgery (getting around slower, but using more effort to do so) or if my iron is low.. I'm adding some beef til the blood work is done hopefully that helps if it is an iron issue. I used the exercise bike this weekend and was so happy doing it! I probably wont say this later, but I missed exercising I tried the treadmill at .5 speed, it took me 10 min to walk a tenth of a mile lol needless to say I wont be adding much to our walk to the beach this week. have a good day everyone!
jennb40
on 2/4/08 8:34 pm - Nashua, NH
Yes indeed-e-do...crappy game, but then I guess we can look forward to it again next year! Way to go eating that breakfast...and work on that calcium girlfriend! Good exercising it sounds like....you are a dedicated MARCHer!
Rick A.
on 2/4/08 3:54 am - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, I'm one of the few people who didn'****ch the game yesterday. My cable TV provider lost it's contract with the station suppying the feed for the game and didn't tell anyone until Friday afternoon. I could have watched the game if I went somewhere else to watch, but I spent the day with my wife and grandson. Thanks for planting the seeds of knowledge with us today. Growing up I was really bad about not eaing breakfast, I'm much better now. I almost always have my cottage cheese, yogurt and bananna. I actually look forward to it. I am pretty good about taking all of my vitamins daily and I get in my water. I still have that little problem with snacking, but I guess no one is perfect, certainly not me. Have a great day, Rick
jennb40
on 2/4/08 8:37 pm - Nashua, NH
Well I guess if you live in CA - the Giants or Patriots are not a local oddity....but you do realize the Super Bowl game was the 2nd mos****ched TV show in history and to think you missed out on it!!! But cuddos to you for spending the day with your wife and grandson - that will be remembered long after Tom Brady and Eli Manning are through quarterbacking! Glad you eat your breakfast and good you take your vits and get in your water. An fine MARCHer you are and role model for us all!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views