Stop and Think Before you Grab....

jennb40
on 2/1/08 4:55 am - Nashua, NH
Another great article from Barbara Thompson....take that M & M....that tiny, teensie M & M away....1 football field? I hate that! Thought provoking also!!! I heard a fascinating set of statistics last week. To burn off the calories in one single M & M, you would have to walk the length of a football field. For one peanut M & M, you would have to walk 1 ½ football fields. And after eating a small bag of M & M's, you would have to walk 55 football fields. Since I heard that, it has made me really pause before I put something in my mouth. It really emphasized to me that what we might think is insignificant, really does count. Growing up with Weigh****cher diets, I became accustomed to "free foods." Those were celery, carrots, lettuce, otherwise known as "rabbit food." But if you were like me, that list of "free foods" started to expand to include a couple of M & M's, a few nuts, broken cookies, a small piece of cheese, all of which add up. One of the 4 Rules of Success that I emphasize in my book, "Weight Loss Surgery; Finding the Thin Person Hiding inside You" as well as in my Back on Track Program is to stop grazing. And I give great tips of how to break that habit. Grazing is defined as unplanned eating. It is grabbing a little piece of this, and a little piece of that in between your meals and planned snacks. Grazing can not only stop your weight loss in its tracks, but can lead to weight regain. And honestly, an M & M, which can eventually lead to eating so many other things, isn't worth it.
Stephanie Smiles
on 2/1/08 6:05 am - My Town, NH
WOW! 55 football fields for a small bag?!?! YIKES! She's very right. I'm not sure they are worth it. Thanks for posting this to help remind us to be careful about what we put in our mouths! Hugs, Stephanie
Rick A.
on 2/1/08 1:50 pm - Far Northern, CA
Wow and to think I used to eat the 1 pounder bags and not walk at all. No wonder I was SMO. Thanks for the info. Rick
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views