It's finally a Friday.

Rick A.
on 1/31/08 12:43 pm - Far Northern, CA
My question for you today - Is it easier for you to follow your plan on the week days when you have a more structured routine? If that is the case maybe we need to take a lesson from that and be more dilligent in our routine on our days off. Whether we want to admit it or not I think we all thrive on structure. We make fewer bad choices on impulse if we know ahead what we are going to eat and that we have drank the required amounts of water. We also have to be mindful that we take our vitamins and supplements when it is a non work day. If that is a problem for you, place them where you will see them frequently and remind yourself of their importance. Days off are also a wonderful time to get in some more exercise. Try to do a little something different on your days off. You are not limited by time constraints and can do something that is fun but also good for you. I constantly have to modify my daily routine because I work shift work. My shifts can change daily as well as my days off. Sometimes it is a real challenge to keep track of my intake, both the good and the bad. I hope you all have a great weekend. Rick
Stephanie Smiles
on 1/31/08 9:55 pm - My Town, NH
I'm so thankful it is Friday. It seemed like it took a very long time to get here. I definitely do better with water and vitamins during the week. My food intake is pretty much the same regardless of the day. Exercise is strange. I seem to do better with getting myself to the gym on the weekends. Maybe it's the difference between 5:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m.!!!! Plus, my husband and I go together so he motivates me. Last weekend I did sort out all of my vitamins into little baggies and left them on the counter. You're right. It is much easier to remember if you see them. I had to put them on the window over the sink due to my cat's fascination with my vitamins! I came home one day and he had eaten one of my vitamins and was foaming at the mouth. They were in a baggie on the counter and he managed to open the baggie and eat one. Poor thing had to have his stomach pumped. He was fine. You would think he would have learned. But, nope. He still comes running whenever he hears me getting out vitamins. Silly cat! I hope your weather improves for the weekend. We're getting snow and ice today. Can't wait! Hugs, Stephanie
jennb40
on 2/1/08 4:59 am - Nashua, NH
Weekends definitely throw me off...they are not structured like a work week...I never forget my vitamins during the week and seldom do on weekends, but at work I lay them out on my desk and know they have to be gone by the time I do in the afternoon. On the weekend I have to work at remembering them. I get more "cleaning up" exercise done on the weekends by necessity!!!! Who wants to clean up during the week!!! I get up so early to go to work and am tired at night and don't do much cleaning unless I am expecting company!!! And in warm weather it is easier to do more walking, exploring, whatever. Oh well...hurry up spring! Have a good weekend everybody!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views