Just do it.

Rick A.
on 1/29/08 12:20 pm - Far Northern, CA
Now that we have our list and we have determined our priorities we must put our plan into action. The biggest obstacle we all face is procrastination. We often want to start our plan the next day, but we will never achieve what we rally want to if we don't start now. I used to always put off my walking because my thought was "if I start now I won't be finished for 45 minutes". I finally came to the realization that that 45 minute period was going to pass whether I walked or not. Most often there was not anything pressing that had to be done during that same time period. I always feel better after I have completed my exercise. There are still times when I have to push myself to get out and do it. How do we combat procrastination? The easiest way is to complete those items on our list that we might want to do the least first and get it over with. If we exercise the first thing in the morning then we can enjoy the rest of the day guilt free. The same goes for getting our vitamins and water in. If we get those things crossed off our lists we don't have to remember it is a chore we must complete. I must admit that this week I have procrastinated in writing these posts and they may not have been as inspirational as I have hoped. It seems that more and more I let life get in the way. Maybe that is not such a bad thing. I hope all of us are living life to the fullest and getting out there and DOING IT. Life is great, Rick
Stephanie Smiles
on 1/29/08 9:57 pm - My Town, NH
Rick, you're posts this week are as motivational as ever! I suffer from procrastinationitis at times as well. More often than not, it's in the homework realm. I wait too long to begin assignments and then I'm stressed. I also know that if I don't exercise in the morning, forget it! I can handle the spinning after work, but not going to the gym. I'm just too tired. I admire people who seem to be able to just make exercise a priority and nothing else gets in the way. I wish I was one of them! Thanks for the vitamin reminder...I'm late taking my calcium this morning which will push everything else off too by an hour. I'll take them now! Have a great day. I'm with you...let's just DO IT! Hugs, Stephanie
Rick A.
on 1/30/08 1:03 am - Far Northern, CA
Stephanie, What is it with homework. I think we all put it off as long as possible. We are raising our 10 year old grandson and we fight with homework every night. I know the last thing he want to do when he gets home from school is more homework, but it has to get done. Today my challenge is to get out and walk. It was 12 degrees this morning and we have about 10 inches of snow on the ground so it is quite slick. Have a great day, Rick
jennb40
on 1/30/08 12:05 am - Nashua, NH
Does procrastination and exercise mean the same thing? I mean...if you procrastinate don't you use calories and that means you exercise???? Lordy, Lordy, I sincerely wish I could make exercise the priority of my day. I don't like it, I don't like getting sweatty, I don't like thinking about having/needing to do it....what can I say? I do like looking at my trusty pedometer during the day to see how far I have gone with the end result hoping I am closer to 10,000 steps than 5,000 steps. So does that thinking cause you to burn up calories? I WISH!!!! I do keep lists sometimes, but as I said in an earlier post, I am pretty good about keeping my daily lists in my head. I put out my vitamins on my desk first thing each morning so I know when I go home they better be gone. I bring a fresh bottle of water to work each day and as I fill up the bottle I put a little tick mark on it and when I go home if I don't have 4 ticks - then I fill it up and drink it on the way home. I check my pedometer every hour or so. I constantly think protein whenever I open my mouth to insert food and I certainly know when a non-protein item goes in - because I made the conscious decision to put something other than protein in it!!!! See all the brain power I have used on this email...is my exercising over for the day? Don't answer - I know the answer. I just wish I could make myself do more exercising. I am sorry to admit I paid my gym fees for the gym downstairs and have yet to use the equipment. Thank goodness it was only $150 for the year. I have such good ideas that somehow don't get put into use - that is my problem!!!! So if you agree that procrastination = exercise...then DANG I am good! Thanks for the post Rick! Barb
Rick A.
on 1/30/08 1:07 am - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, Surely you can count some of this as exercising. Just think how much you had to type. You're fingers must have been flying across the keyboard. It sounds like you have developed a plan that works for you as far as your vitamins and water are concerned. I'm glad the gym wasn't too expensive. I'm sure you will get your use out of it overtime. Have a great day, Rick
jennb40
on 1/30/08 2:06 am - Nashua, NH
Gee can't I get half credit for the protein decision??? I know I don't really deserve any credit for exercise...but since I get full credit for vitamins and water...at least I can get 1/2 credit for protein since 75% of the time what goes in is protein!!!! Even nuts have SOME protein!
Rick A.
on 1/30/08 3:37 am - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, Okay you win, you get credit for protein also. I gotta admit I love the nuts also. Mostly I snack on peanuts and cashews. Thank God for Costco. Take care, Rick
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views