It's all about priorities.

Rick A.
on 1/28/08 12:38 pm - Far Northern, CA
Okay we have all made our lists either on paper or in your head. Now we must decide the best way to go about crossing those things off it. If you are like me when you make your list you just list random thoughts or chores to be done. We must step back and analyze the order in which we should proceed. Sometimes I choose the smallest or easiest chores so I can cross the most items off my list in short order. Sometime I choose the chore that I want to do the least so it is out of the way. It really doesn't matter how we proceed just so that we eventually get everything crossed off the list. When we started this journey we all had thoughts or ideas and even lists of the things we wanted to accomplish with the gift we were about to receive. I pretty much took a one day at a time approach in deciding the best way to proceed. Looking back at my journey it amazed me when I reached milestones. All of the sudden the first 50 pounds then the first 100 pounds were gone, but it all happened one day at a time. I challenge each of us to make the basics our priorities each and every day. First is protein, then water and of course vitamins and exercise. We all know the rules and we all know the rights things to do, let's just make it a priority to get those things done during the course of our day. Life is great, Rick
Stephanie Smiles
on 1/29/08 9:47 pm - My Town, NH
Hi Rick. You're so right. I get in big trouble when the basics aren't my priority. I did very well with water while in NYC and I'm glad I took some with me. It was nice to never worry about if or when I could drink water. I just wish I could master this exercise stuff! I'll keep trying. Hugs, Stephanie
Rick A.
on 1/30/08 1:10 am - Far Northern, CA
Stephanie, I hope you had a good time in NYC. Did you get your cosmo in? Good for your for planning ahead and taking your water. I'm sure you did lots of walking and that has to count for something. Take care, Rick
Stephanie Smiles
on 1/30/08 2:17 am - My Town, NH
Hi Rick. NYC was great as always. The energy of the city is fun to absorb. I'm always glad, however, to return home to my small town and my husband! We did walk a lot. I walked about 8 miles total yesterday! I opted for a glass of wine instead of a cosmo. We were at a Greek restaurant for dinner and the Greek chardonnay looked yummy. It was! Happy Wednesday! Hugs, Stephanie
~ Stylz ~
on 1/30/08 12:50 am - North of Boston, MA
I feel like I've fallen and I can't get up! this week I'm back to work 5 days and get home exhausted (napped Monday afternoon after work, yesterday I slept from 5pm til this morning and all I can think of is going back to bed). Maybe its my iron, maybe its just trying to get back in the swing of things, maybe not taking my vitamins regularly the first year post op is catching up with me? I'm not sure, but I dont like it Looking at your priorities list I have to say the only thing I do daily is get my water in. I've looked at my food journal and some days I'm not getting in even 60 grams including a shake. The of course theres missing the second calcium pill... Exercise is a null right now because of the foot thing.. Driving to work today I was thinking... I really think I could live most days just on liquids (protein shakes, drinkable yogurts, v-8 juice for veggies) and peanut butter... its not that i dont like meats, I do, but i dont like the long feeling of digesting them so I dont eat them as often as i should. Carbs are so comfortable in my pouch that I could eat them day and night, but protein.... I have an appt with the nutritionist in March so I'll bring it up then, til then I'll try and add a second shake to my priority list and get the protein number to where it should be. thanks for pointing out our needs and priorities, we all know what we have to do, but its great seeing it and making it more of a reality!
Rick A.
on 1/30/08 1:13 am - Far Northern, CA
I think that once you are back to 100% you will be better able to stay on top of the priorities in your life. You just need to let your body heal and the rest will come naturally. I don't know what to tell you about meat. Maybe ground meat would digest easier or there is always cottage cheese. I hope your nutristionist is able to give you some positive suggestions. Take care, Rick
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views