The power of the list

Rick A.
on 1/27/08 10:37 am - Far Northern, CA
I am one of those list kind of people. I am much more organized in life if I have a plan and follow it. I get great satisfaction being able to cross items off of my lists. I recommend each of us make up a list of the things we want to accomplish today or mabye in your lifetime. If you are struggling with something put it down on paper. Don't let it annoy you, but work on it. You will be so happy when you are finally able to cross it off of your list. It also is a great idea to make a list of supplies and groceries you will need for the coming week. If you don't shop often you will not be tempted to buy those impulse items that all of the stores want us to purchase. I soon will be purchasing my vitamins and supplements for the year ahead. My wife and I always stock up on our major purchases when we get our income tax refunds. I decided that this year I will get as many of my supplies in bulk early so I wont have to stress about getting them on an as needed basis. I will be sure to check freshness dates and not go overboard. If this is something that is within your budget and would make your life easier I recommend stocking up on these esential items. If any of you have not seen the movie "Bucket List" I highly recommend it. We need to make sure we accomplish the important things in our life while we still can. Since we all have a new lease on life we should go out and live and not wait for time or opportunites to pass us by. What are you going to put on your list today? Just think how great it will be to be able to cross it off and you can feel great about yourself by the end of the day. Life is great, Rick
jennb40
on 1/27/08 8:27 pm - Nashua, NH
I like lists also, but sometimes I make them in my head and not necessarily on paper! But I am pretty good about getting them and calling them off my head! I heard this morning on the TV about the end aisles at the grocery store...they put that stuff there to get rid of it and 9 times out of 10 it isn't good for you. So we should probably avoid "end" of the aisle specials! At the top of my list today is to go out in the freezing cold at lunch and walk over to the post office to mail a package, stop by Finagle a Bagle for chicken soup, Dunkin Donuts for iced tea and back to work before I freeze! Also on my list today is getting all my documents ready to take to the accountant for having our income tax figured. Then the ongoing list is to take all my vitamins, drink plenty of water and unfortunately exercise is at the bottom and I often fail to get that one crossed off. Maybe I better move it to the top of the list! Have a great day - Barbara
Rick A.
on 1/28/08 12:45 am - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, My mind is too cluttered to keep my lists there and I easily forget things so I have to put it on paper. I'm sorry it is so cold there. It doesn't make it any fun to walk around. This morning it is 9 degrees here is sunny California. I hope you will post your feelings about the pouch test. I hope it worked out for you. Have a great day, Rick
Stephanie Smiles
on 1/27/08 9:43 pm - My Town, NH
Good morning Rick! I am a list maniac. And, "The Bucket List" is on my list of movies to see. It looks like a great flick. I especially enjoy crossing things off my list. Today, my list consists of vitamins, good protein, and water. I'm headed for NYC this afternoon and will get lots of exercise tonight and tomorrow walking all over the city for site visits. It will be cold! I always have trouble with water when I travel so I've packed some bottles in my little suitcase. I'm going to try to get at least 64 ounces in both days. The cosmopolitan that I'll drink tonight doesn't count toward that total! I can only drink half of one since surgery but it's fun to drink a cosmo in the city once in a while. I hope I can say that I crossed water intake off my list for Monday and Tuesday! Hugs, Stephanie
Rick A.
on 1/28/08 12:47 am - Far Northern, CA
Stephanie, It looks like you have all of the right things on your list. Enjoy your half of a cosmo and your time in the Big Apple. Take care, Rick
~ Stylz ~
on 1/30/08 12:37 am - North of Boston, MA
I make lists for everything too! maybe I should make a take vitamins list every day!! I don't know what my deal is with calcium but i always forget that second dose... theres no need to forget it since I have it in litterally every form imaginable.. I just wake up the next day and say... forgot my second calcium yesterday.. going to work on that this week! Cant wait to see bucket list, thanks for the recommendation
Rick A.
on 1/30/08 1:16 am - Far Northern, CA
I'll warn you I walked out of the theatre with tears rolling down my cheek after we saw the movie. Of course only in a manly sort of way. Just kidding, I am such a woose (that probably isn't spelled right, but you get the idea). Have a great day, Rick
Stephanie Smiles
on 1/30/08 2:23 am - My Town, NH
Rick, wear your wussiness proudly! One of the things I love about my husband is that he can cry at movies. It's very, very manly in my book! I'm sure your wife agrees.
Rick A.
on 1/30/08 3:40 am - Far Northern, CA
Well STephanie, they I am VERY manly. I say as I am beating my (flabby) chest. I guess I will just say it's my sensitive side. Thanks for the support. Rick
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views