Two great moments for me this weekend!

BabyRuth2u
on 1/20/08 8:54 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Just needed to share with someone other than DH. First, I was doing some shopping on Saturday. Stopped in Fashion Bug, which now I can buy only in the regular size Fashion Bug. )))) anyways... they had a lot of stuff on clearnce, so I took a look around. Saw some pants I liked and thought I'd try them on. At first I grabbed the 14's, then thought, let me try a 12. (I have previously bought a pair of 12 Levi jean which was the biggest thrill in my life! I don't think I posted on that. But I had 14's that were feeling roomy so tried 12 and they fit perfect!) So, I got brave yesterday and tried these 12 pants, they were like cords. And guess what, they fit too!! That's more than one style I can wear in a 12. I was thrilled. I didnt end up buying them becuase they fit, but I felt I probably could even get into a 10, but alas no 10s available. So I just bought some new undies there. It was just so cool to be in more 12's. Now if I could get the top half of my body out of the XL and out of the bigger suit jackets I'd be estatic!! The other big thing and this is the biggest of them all!!!!!!! You know that upping the protein shakes, doing more water and the workout I've been doing on the elliptical? Guess what!! As of today I now weigh 167!!! Yes 167 after 4 1/2 months of bouncing from the quick flash of 169 and then back to 171 to 175. I made it back to the 169 a few days ago, held there for about 3 days and today 167.1 I did a woohoo at the scale! LOL Now Im afraid to do something to mess it up and go the other way! EEKS! But the plan is to keep doing the plan and do what I've been doing. I was beginning to think I'd never see under 170 again. Thanks for listening, I know you can relate. Hope your weekend has been good. I have off tomorrow for MLK day and DH took the day off. I think we may be going to the museum. That's the plan for now, but I know I should stay in and do some stuff in the house. We shall see.
Rick A.
on 1/20/08 9:11 am - Far Northern, CA
Ruth Ann, Congratulation on the lower clothes size and the bounce down on your weight. You have worked hard and you have the results you were hoping for. Good for you. Enjoy your extra day off. Rick
Stephanie Smiles
on 1/20/08 9:58 pm - My Town, NH
Ruth Ann, I'm so proud of you!!!! What wonderful size 12 news! Congratulations on all of your success and thanks for sharing. I'm going to visualize size 12s when I sweat on that eliptical! Hugs, Stephanie
jannineh99
on 1/20/08 10:29 pm - Melrose, MA
Ruthann, that is awsome girl...congrat on the size 12's.....that is awsome..I know when I shop now I tend to look at the bigger sizes still not the plus but I think my head still says you can't fit in that and then when I do...I say HA yes I can...it is awsome....congrats on the 167...that is wonderful too.....I have been bouncing as well I keep getting stuck from 157 to 166...it is frustrating....but I am gonna buckle down this week and up my protein and do everything I can to get to the gym...do you think we can extend the day to about 28 hours....lol Jannine
luckycat1
on 1/21/08 11:52 am - Cincinnati, OH
Congrats! It is so nice to be able to pick things off the rack and now just have to wonder if it is too big! I will share a wow, I went to Macy's on Sat. (they are have a great sale by the way--got a 69 dollar dress for 19 buck!) and tried on a Med too big in the boobs and stomach. I thought no way will the small fit and yes it does and I must say it looks nice too! Getting back to your wows, congrats and the next time you are at Macy's try on a 10 it just might fit! MJ
~ Stylz ~
on 1/23/08 11:04 pm - North of Boston, MA
WOO HOO!! congrats on the lower sizes, its a great feeling and you've worked hard to get there and if you ever have those days of just feeling blah or no matter how much you're exercising the scale isn't going down, stop in at a store and try some smaller sizes on, just because the scale didnt move doesn't mean the clothing size might not be different. slipping into a smaller size in the fitting room might be all the motivation you need to keep pushing on! congratulations again
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 829 views