Staying Successful, give us your answers Marchers

~ Stylz ~
on 1/15/08 8:45 am - North of Boston, MA
I meant to post this a LONG time ago, but forgot. I got this during the WLS retreat I went to. Some good ideas for members who need to get back on track or the ones who find ourselves going back to old ways. Staying successful * Review your original goals in seeking to lose weight. If you never did before, write them down today. * Remind yourself of things you wanted to do again, the activities you have dreamed of participating in with your loved ones, the goals you had set for yourself. Review these every day for the next week.. * Review what you are eating and drinking. Begin or resume your food journal. Make changes to replace a high calorie item with a lower calorie, protein based item. Make a food plan to use them on challenging days. * Find/get that pedometer and re-dedicate yourself to using it every day. Wear it for a week, find your baseline number of steps and make it a goal to increase your daily steps by 2000 a day! * Brush your teeth at 7pm every night this week and only have a glass of water after brushing your teeth. * Starting to snack while cooking? Chew gum to help fight the urge to put something in your mouth until you sit down at the table to eat your meal! Time for the interaction Marchers, questions for everyone... Submit your pre-op goals were (why did you want to lose weight): Write what your goals are now: What is your most common "SHOULD" statement? Rewrite that "SHOULD" comment and keep it in memory this week even if it includes writing it and posting on your refrigerator, computer desk, car dashboard, whatever it takes. Identify one goal you'd like to reach this year. List steps you are taking (or need to take) to reach that goal!
~ Stylz ~
on 1/16/08 12:48 am - North of Boston, MA
hhmmmmm mine didn't post Submit your pre-op goals were (why did you want to lose weight): I wanted to lose weight because I was tired of being over weight, out of breath, out of shape and uncomfortable around people. I always felt like the biggest person in the room and no matter who I was out with, I felt I was being looked at for being "the biggest one in the group". I tried endless diets and new sugar was my downfall. After learning about wls I honestly thought this would be my only way to lose weight, keep it off (sugar being my problem and dumping on it if I ate it sounded great) and its worked Write what your goals are now: become healthy with foods and control my reactive hypoglycemia! eat only refined carbohydrates, protein first, incorporate flax seed into meals, start eating more fish, grass fed meats, organic eggs.. the whole thing! What is your most common "SHOULD" statement? I SHOULD get both doses calcium in every single day Rewrite that "SHOULD" comment and keep it in memory this week even if it includes writing it and posting on your refrigerator, computer desk, car dashboard, whatever it takes. I SHOULD get both doses calcium in every single day Identify one goal you'd like to reach this year. Strengthening my core muscles List steps you are taking (or need to take) to reach that goal! I've been trying a second yoga class and want to move on to pilates atleast once a week once my foot doctor releases me.
Stephanie Smiles
on 1/16/08 1:07 am - My Town, NH
Submit your pre-op goals were (why did you want to lose weight): I wanted to lose weight in order to stay on the good side of all those borderline health issues I was about to have. I didn't want diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. I wanted to be more active and healthy! I also wanted to feel better about my physical self. Write what your goals are now: Short term - to lose 15 pounds by November and to reach ONEderland! What is your most common "SHOULD" statement? I SHOULD exercise at least five days each week! Rewrite that "SHOULD" comment and keep it in memory this week even if it includes writing it and posting on your refrigerator, computer desk, car dashboard, whatever it takes. Identify one goal you'd like to reach this year. Lose 15 pounds by November. List steps you are taking (or need to take) to reach that goal! Spinning classes and gym time every week as well as cutting down on carbs in the evening. Thanks for the boost! Hugs, Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views