MARCHers and goals!

jennb40
on 1/14/08 8:05 pm - Nashua, NH
Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.....Jim Ryun What good habits do you have that keep you going? Share with us today! Maybe a look at what others are doing will get us started yet again with motivation to do the right things! My best habit I do believe is drinking water and making sure I take my vitamins. My worst habit is not exercising like I should and sometimes not making protein my first choice. They say confession is good for the soul - and even though I started out yesterday on the 5-day pouch test - after posting here it went down hill. I was home, it was snowing, I had made good soup (taco soup) the day before and I got weak and ate breakfast, lunch and dinner - not bad stuff, just not liquids only. So I didn't prepare to bring the stuff today for the 5-day pouch test, so it isn't going to happen today. I definitely have more bad habits than good!!!! So if you have a good habit that keeps you going - let us know what it is and help us out! Hugs to all...Barbara
Stephanie Smiles
on 1/14/08 11:16 pm - My Town, NH
Good morning! I think I'm back from the dead. At least I hope so. I've had the nasty cold/fever/can't breathe or sleep cold that is going around. It really knocked me out for four or five days. Did you give me yours??? I suppose one good habit I have is making out my menus each week. I create the menus and then a grocery list based on what I need. I try to limit extras that aren't on our list to healthy items such as fruit and nuts. If I don't have junky stuff in the house, I can't give in to temptation. Writing out my menus also helps me be sure I have a good variety of foods for the week so that I don't get bored with eating too much chicken, etc. Boredom equals bad eating for me! I wish I was better about exercising. It seems like I just get into my routine and something happens to mess me up. I was doing great at the gym until I got sick. Now I have to start over again. My spinning classes begin again tonight and I'm hoping to stick to that twice a week schedule. Of course, I'll just get into that routine and I'll start traveling for work! Sometimes, you just can't win! It's frustrating! Oh well. All I can do is keep trying I guess. Have a great day! Hugs, Stephanie
jennb40
on 1/14/08 11:44 pm - Nashua, NH
I wondered where you have been. I got that cold and stayed home from work on the 4th of January and I am still not over it. I spit and spew and blow my nose the entire ride into Boston in the morning and continue to blow my nose throughout the day. On Friday, the 4th, Saturday and Sunday I did absolutely nothing but sit in front of the TV with the pugs - I didn't have fever and don't think I had the flu, but it was a persistent cold. I took the Tylenol night time for severe colds and that really helped me to sleep. I still don't feel 100% and my head still feels stopped up. As soon as all that goes away and I feel better - I want to get serious about exercise. I think that is one reason I put off the 5-day pouch test because I just don't feel good yet. Anyway - hope you are getting better soon. Barb
Rick A.
on 1/15/08 1:29 am - Far Northern, CA
Hi Barbara, My good habit is walking. There are days I don't want to walk and those are usually the days I need it the most. I really miss it when I don't walk. I also am good about my water. I drink at least 100 ounces a day. I'm sorry you are not 100% yet. I hope you feel better soon. You were wise not to start your pouch test until you feel better. You don't need anything holding you back. It doesn't help that you have had lousy weather lately. Take care, Rick
~ Stylz ~
on 1/15/08 3:11 am - North of Boston, MA
hey Barb, glad to see you stayed home during the snow! what a mess out there on those roads they showed on the news. My good habit is the same as Stephanies, I'm good at preparing for the week. Saturday I think about what I want to eat for the week at work, I make a list, grocery shop and Sunday morning I wake up and prepare enough food for the next 5 days. Put the milk in a container for the weeks oatmeal or make muffins, make a lunch meal, put it in individual containers, snacks (sometimes grapefruit) cut them up and put in individual snack containers for the week.. It just helps keep me from walking downtown and buying junk food at cvs or going for takeout and eating something I shouldnt. My bad habit is on the weekends no matter how much I try to plan and get my protein in I dont. I usually skip out on protein shakes, eat more snacks instead of protein, eat very late at night, go out for drinks, eat fattening appetizers... No matter what, I should try and get the shake in even if the other things dont change on weekends. Atleast it would be an extra 30 grams in no matter what.. Something I will work on!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views